Balsamic Sirloin Strips

1 lb. lean sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
2 Tbsp. light soy sauce
1 Tbsp. canola oil
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp. dried pepper flakes
1/8 tsp. salt

1. Place steak, soy sauce, canola oil, sugar, vinegar, pepper flakes and salt in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal tightly and shake back and forth to allow ingredients to blend evenly. Refrigerate 24 to 48 hrs., turning occasionally.

2. Preheat grill or broiler. Coat cold grill rack or broiler rack with canola cooking spray and place over grill or broiler pan. Remove beef from marinade, reserving marinade. Place beef on top of rack and cook 5 mins., turn and cook 4 mins. longer or until desired doneness. Remove from rack and place on cutting board 5 mins. before thinly slicing diagonally grain.

3. Meanwhile, place reserved marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat and continue boiling 2 mins. or until reduced to 1/4 c. Watch carefully to not over-reduce. Remove from heat. Place sliced beef on serving platter and drizzle sauce evenly over steak.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It sure DOES sound good!

Anything with balsamic gets my attention!

Thanks, LT!

Lee

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes and I've saved this one for sure. I'm with you OSis if it has balsamic I'm going to look.

High Cheese

Saucier
I'm going to try that. Balsamic vinegar is one of those ingredients I rarely use, but when I do it seems the dish comes out well. I made some sauteed string beans a while back, decided to put some balsamic in there and render down into almost a syrup, the wife almost ate the whole pan.