A 60 degree February barhopping day in Boston

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It was a truly beautiful 60 degree day in February in Beantown!

In 6 hours, my friend, Christine, and I visited 7 bars, but did not stay at three of them (The Pour House and Bukowski's Tavern were too crowded, and an upstairs bar whose name I forget was one to try another time).

We started at the Bell in Hand in Haymarket, then headed down Boylston St. to Solas, a small Irish pub at the Lenox Hotel. Continued down Boylston to McGreevey's which is full of baseball everything and owned by the Dropkick Murphy's. Finished our adventure at The Bleacher Bar at Fenway (the park was covered with snow and had the remnants of the ski jump still up).

Loved the first three bars - McGreevey's was our favorite - but The Bleacher Bar was an overpriced dive, even though they had the neat gimmick of a glass wall overlooking the ballpark.

A glorious day for a long walk, with a few refreshment stops, in town! It was 2.6 miles and would have taken us 53 minutes if we walked it straight through. Good walk!

I probably should have taken more photos of the insides of the pubs, but I was thinking more of documenting the beers and snacks! Well, next time!

Lee

Sam's Seasonal Cold Snap and Smuttynose Brown Dog at Bell in Hand in Haymarket

GetInline.aspx

THE BEST eggplant fries, Bell in Hand ($3.99)

GetInline.aspx

Smithwick's and Guiness at Solas in the Lenox Hotel

GetInline.aspx

Open windows at McGreevey's on Boyleston

GetInline.aspx

Baseball EVERYTHING at McGreevey's

GetInline.aspx

Guiness BBQ wings and PBR's at McGreevey's

GetInline.aspx

A section of wall at McGreevey's

GetInline.aspx

Sam's Seasonal Cold Snap and Bud Light, with $7 fried pickles (!) at The Bleacher Bar at Fenway

GetInline.aspx