Here's what you are going to need:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]½ cup of butter [/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]2 ¼ cups of Self-Rising Flour[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 cup of shredded Cheddar Cheese [/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 teaspoon of dried parsley[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 tablespoon of sugar
1 cup of milk

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the stick of butter (½ cup) in an 8 x 8 baking dish and put in the oven to melt (about 3 to 5 minutes).
Remove from oven and set aside.
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]

cheddarbis1.jpg

In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cheese, parsley and sugar.
[/FONT]

cheddarbis2.jpg
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
Add the milk and stir just until moist.
[/FONT]

cheddarbis3.jpg

Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
This will only take a minute or two.
Shape into a 12 x 6 inch rectangle.

cheddarbis4.jpg

Cut into 12 one-inch strips.
[/FONT]

cheddarbis5.jpg
Dip each strip in the butter, carefully turning to coat.
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Fold in half and leave in the pan.[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]

cheddarbis6.jpg

Arrange the biscuits in two rows of 6 biscuits.
There will be leftover butter in the pan, this will cook into the biscuits making them crisp and buttery.
[/FONT]

cheddarbis7.jpg
Bake in a preheated 400 degree F. oven for 25 to 30 minutes until lightly browned.
Remove from pan and serve warm.
[/FONT]​

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Now THAT is what I'm talking about. I'm on this! Thank you!!! And Bless you!!! :clap:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Holy cow, Mama! I can almost taste those!! They are a favorite of my family's at a local restaurant and theirs don't look half as good as yours. I have bookmarked this and I'll be making them in the morning since I just happen to have all the ingredients. Thank you, thank you.

Deelady

I would always make the Cheddar Bay biscuits from Red Lobster FM :) But these look even better! Only thing I would add is the garlic on top:wub:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, those look FANTASTIC, Mama!!!

Nice job!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I don't think I've ever seen such light and fluffy biscuits in my life :applause:. I love the "stick" idea too, no cutting rounds and then re-working and re-cutting the leftover dough.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thank you everyone! Let me know what you think if you decide to try them!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
oh lord this looks good. i am going to try this very soon!!

i hope you don't mind if i also add some cooked and crumbled bacon just to see how it tastes. :whistle: cheese and bacon perfect together LOL :brows: thank you so much for the recipe. i don't keep self rising flour so it will have to wait till i get some.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I don't think I've ever seen such light and fluffy biscuits in my life :applause:. I love the "stick" idea too, no cutting rounds and then re-working and re-cutting the leftover dough.
my mom never cut hers into rounds. she always cut them into rectangles to avoid what you stated. which results in over worked tough biscuits.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Unlike regular biscuits, you don't cut shortening into the flour with these. You can make your own "self-rising" flour by adding baking powder and salt but I'm just not a big fan of the way baking powder biscuits taste...using store bought self-rising flour does make a difference.

I hope y'all will post pics of your variations here...I'd love to see and hear about them.

Lefty

Yank
***Mod note***
Thread moved to quick bread section and locked copy of OP to the reference section.

homecook

These are awesome!!!! I made these to go with our chili tonight. They are all gone! Thank you Mama.......
Mine didn't turn out as pretty as yours but they were damn good!

Attachments

• 000_0016.jpg
    000_0016.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,082
  • 000_0017.jpg
    000_0017.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,169
  • 000_0019.jpg
    000_0019.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,189

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'm glad you liked them! They look wonderful! They don't last long at my house either...but at least they don't take long to make.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I’m no baker, but I really wanted to do this. And……it was a bit of a promise and trial that I do it. Love ya’ Barb!

So….I waded in, broke out the flour (which usually leaves me screaming in fits) and made these!

Actually, if you can get over your (or MY…..could just be me) fear of flour, this is a rather easy recipe to do. You may sweat it the first time (like I did) if you aren’t a baker, but you can easily get comfortable with this one and end up shining like a master baker.

I have so much love and thanks to Mama for posting this and Homecook (Barb) for pushing me to do it! Love you guys!

AND……these things are outstanding! Such tender and flaky goodness. Love this!

Uh….Holy CARP! These are good! We are LOVING these! This is my new go-to recipe for biscuits! Thanks Mama, your tutorial was spot on and so easy to follow!

Here is how it went for me. In the end, we had these with left over potato soup that I made last night. Wonderful!!!

Step_1-97.jpg

Step_2-95.jpg

Step_3-87.jpg

Step_4-80.jpg

Step_5-72.jpg

Step_6-63.jpg

Step_7-48.jpg

Step_8-37.jpg

Step_9-31.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
i want that bowl of soup and biscuit!! yummy!!

psssssssst keltin love ya bowls!! :whistling:

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
See there Keltin...I knew you could do it! They look wonderful! Are you gonna be next Terry?

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I am, Mama. As soon as I get back home I'm gonna hit the cheddar. (My family is gonna love you, Mama.)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I can't wait to see the pictures...you are gonna take pictures aren't you?

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Definitely! Even my family knows now to ask if I've taken a picture yet before they gobble something down. LOL