Chicken Parisienne

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yummy easy dish to make, but I wouldn't call it authentic, LOL.

Ingredients:
salt to taste
pepper to taste
paprika to taste
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 can (about 10oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 can (about 4oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
1 cup dairy sour cream
1/4 cup flower
6 medium chicken breast halves

This is where the first three ingredients come into play. You will sprinkle them on the 6 medium chicken breast halves, so the amount you use will be subject to your tastes.
Place in 3/12qt or larger slow cooker after coating. Mix water, wine, soup and mushrooms until well blended. If cooking on low you can add the sour cream and flour mixture, otherwise if starting on high wait until it goes to low to add this). Pour liquid over chicken breasts in slow cooker. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover, cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. If cooking on high, go for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, adding sour cream flower mixture in last 30 minutes.
You can serve chicken and sauce over rice or noodles.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made this the other night, only I used 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup instead of adding sour cream. And I added sprigs of rosemary. No need for "flower", LOL!

I had 2 giant chicken breasts and the recipe still worked.

Easy and absolutely delicious! Couldn't wait to dig in, so forgot to take a picture!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love this recipe! It's in one of my Taste of Home books - it's the recipe that Maverick posted above.

Today I used a package of chicken cutlets I got on sale, 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup and a package of fresh mushrooms. I did add the 1/4 cup of flour.

Served over bow ties with a beet salad on the side. SO good!

Lee

chicken parisienne.jpg