Julia - Not Meryl!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I get nothing but the youtube screen outline and nothing else. Please just post a URL to the video.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
If you double-click on the video - it takes you right to You Tube and starts the video playing, Joe.

Try this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ohiUbQyDhk&feature=related[/ame]

Sorry. I posted the link, but the video pic still comes up. Click on the arrow, then click on Watch on Youtube - temporarily allow pop-ups.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I was hoping this is the one from the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson where she dropped a piece of chicken on the floor, picking it up and putting it on a plate. It was at that time one of the funniest things I had ever seen though I was into a great trip on some psychedelics in common use in those days. It was live by the way and Johnny Carson really played it up too.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Whenever a youtube link won't play for you, click on the blue band, and it opens it in another window.. no problemo!
Some videos don't embed, and I don't understand why.

"Sorry. I posted the link, but the video pic still comes up. Click on the arrow, then click on Watch on Youtube - temporarily allow pop-ups".

Attachments

• julia2.jpg
    julia2.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
That didn't work for me as usual this time Sass that is why I asked to repost the link.

I was hoping this is the one from the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson where she dropped a piece of chicken on the floor, picking it up and putting it on a plate. It was at that time one of the funniest things I had ever seen though I was into a great trip on some psychedelics in common use in those days. It was live by the way and Johnny Carson really played it up too.

I don't recall that show, joe. The Dan Aykroyd impression, & cutting his finger on SNL was hysterical.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Whenever a youtube link won't play for you, click on the blue band, and it opens it in another window.. no problemo!
Some videos don't embed, and I don't understand why.

"Sorry. I posted the link, but the video pic still comes up. Click on the arrow, then click on Watch on Youtube - temporarily allow pop-ups".

I was so going to do that same pic! Awesome job Sass!!!! :thumb:

And about that vid......what tease......I wanted to see the rest and find out WHY some are roasters and some aren't. Dammit!!! :doh:

PS - Some videos do not embed because it is an option the original uploading account holder has. You can make all the videos you upload private, general public, embebable or not, and more. Some will disable embedding to make sure you come to Youtube and see the rest of thier stuff and perhaps subscribe to thier channel.

Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I don't recall that show, joe. The Dan Aykroyd impression, & cutting his finger on SNL was hysterical.

That wouldn't surprise me that you wouldn't remember it unless you are in your 60 CC. I came on about 2 days before Christmas and I was with my brother in law (he was about 15 at the time) while my wife, her mother and sister went to get some decorations for the tree they was putting up. The brother in law said her try this stuff which I did and laughed about it till day light the next day. I only caught the first couple of years of SNL as other things kept me away when it was on, there was no Tivo in those days or even video recording.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Oh yeah, as Sass said, if you don't allow Pop-Ups, then you'll have problems watching the original link as it comes in a pop-up. Just click the yellow security bar and allow pop-ups to see it.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I loved watching Julia Child when I was a kid--- on PBS.
I found her funny and a little strange, but there was no other like her.
Quirky cooking shows have always been the ones I've liked the most.
Two Fat Ladies? omg... forget it, I watched them all the time.
Loved the way they'd go back and forth with oneanother lol
Thing is, when I mentioned that show while I was living in England, nobody much seemed to care for them, although they were a huge hit over here in the states on the cooking channel at the time.

That wouldn't surprise me that you wouldn't remember it unless you are in your 60 CC. I came on about 2 days before Christmas and I was with my brother in law (he was about 15 at the time) while my wife, her mother and sister went to get some decorations for the tree they was putting up. The brother in law said her try this stuff which I did and laughed about it till day light the next day. I only caught the first couple of years of SNL as other things kept me away when it was on, there was no Tivo in those days or even video recording.

Are you smoking those funny cigarettes again, Joe? ;-)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Two Fat Ladies Visit Winchestahhhhhhh!!

Ahh, tidings of comfort and joy.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYoablSEdnc[/ame]