Kimchee's Smoked Salmon Fettucine

K

Kimchee

I used [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Steven-Raichlen-Best-Barbecue-SR8804/dp/B000ENYXD8"]Stephen Raichlen's Smoked Salmon Kit[/ame], which is very much like a sweet slightly spicy BBQ rub. We found it to be very salty, but otherwise good.
I had a nifty, discontinued foil smoking bag, with hickory chips and flavor in a double walled bottom. Worked really well, gave a huge amount of smoke flavor... wish I had bought more!

Here's the ingredients for the sauce:
(You might notice a Durkee Citrus Grilling Spice bottle. Since it is only available anymore in [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Durkee-Citrus-Seasoning-18-Ounce-Containers/dp/B001EO6EMY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1260852085&sr=8-1"]18oz commercial size (Amazon)[/ame], I substituted a bit
of sugar and dill...)
SmokedSalmonFettucine1.jpg

Everybody but the sour cream and spinach in the pool, making flavor!:
SmokedSalmonFettucine2.jpg

Here's the finished smoked salmon, a little overdone for our tastes, but not bad....
SmokedSalmonFettucine3.jpg

A little closer look at the piscatory delight.....
SmokedSalmonFettucine4.jpg

Time to add the spinach.. I wanted fresh, but it was costly, so I got frozen....
SmokedSalmonFettucine5.jpg

Now that the spinach has gotten all warm and comfy, let's take it off the
heat and stir in the sour cream:
SmokedSalmonFettucine6.jpg

And finally, the salmon... it swims with the mushies now...
SmokedSalmonFettucine7.jpg

Time to eat!!!
SmokedSalmonFettucine8.jpg

Try your hand....
Smoked Salmon Fettucine with Noodles

12-16 oz Smoked Salmon (or any grilled or baked, seasoned )
1 package frozen spinach
3 medium Roma tomatoes, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 med shallot, chopped
8-12 cremini mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup white wine
2 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tbsp cornstarch in 1/4 cup stock
1/2 tbsp (to taste) red pepper flakes
1/2 tbsp black pepper
1-2 TBSP lemon juice, to taste
1-3 Tsp Lemon Pepper seasoning, to taste
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp dill
2 Tbsp butter or olive oil

Saute garlic and shallot in butter or oil for a few minutes. Add wine to deglaze pan, then add mushrooms and tomatoes.
Let simmer for a few minutes, then add chicken stock. Bring to a boil, let simmer to develop taste.
Add spinach, return to boil.
Add cornstarch and stock mixture and stir till sauce is thickened.
Add salmon, heat through, then remove from heat and stir in sour cream until sauce is evenly colored.
Serve over pasta.

Note: Probably any salmon can be substituted. The smoked salmon brings a nice individual flavor to the dish, so I would recommend
a well seasoned salmon. The mixture used to prepare the salmon for smoking was very similar to a medium spiced, brown sugar grilling rub.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Looks delicious! I love that combo of ingredients. I wish my hubby would eat spinach, but he has one of those mental blocks from childhood :glare:.

K

Kimchee

Try it with small broccoli florets, or maybe matchsticks of zucchini, or asparagus tips... just toss them in with the other veggies and let them saute/simmer a bit!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dang, the title of this thread alone made my mouth water. The pics and great post got you reps / Karma from be Kimchee. Awesome post. Thanks!!!!!!! :thumb: :D