Salsalluminastti Cocktail Sauce

Johnny West

My son is marketing his own brand of cocktail sauce. It's made for him (his recipe) by a company in Salt lake City. We ordered a case yesterday and will let you know how it tastes.

He took my great grandmother's chili sauce recipe and tweeked it a bit to make it his own. He's been serving it at his restaurant with shrimp and other things. My great grandmother's sauce was for old time beef and game recipes.

https://www.salsalluminatti.com

Johnny West

Feb. 14 we had some boiled shrimp with the sauce and it's pretty good. It has a bit of hot to it and not enough to be overpowering. I look forward to trying some with some raw oysters this coming weekend.

Attachments

• #Prawns 18.jpg
    #Prawns 18.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 22

Johnny West

It sounds like his product is getting picked up by a chain in Utah. We have bought a lot to give to friends. Mailing it out is not cheap.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great! I was wondering about how his sauce was doing.

Lee

Johnny West

I've not forgotten.

My son's sauce is being picked up by Whole Foods in UT and a large high end seafood company wants to brand it rather than make their own. He is developing a chutney and a steak sauce, as well. I tried the steak sauce and it's not to my taste. I'm hooked on H.P.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I wanted to try some of this sauce, but I don't like shrimp, so I thought I'd experiment with other ingredients.

The first thing that popped into my head was to try it on crackers with cheese.

First, I tried some on a spoon - quite spicy, a little sweet, kind of relish-y.

Tried a couple with cream cheese and a couple with cheddar cheese. Wow, what a difference, having it with other food items! Still tasted the sweet, but the heat calmed down and blended beautifully with the cheese, particularly the cream cheese.

I bet lovers of shrimp cocktail will love it!

Also, I thought of it when reading LT's recipe for bacon-wrapped potato bites.

Lee

Attachments

• snacks.JPG
    snacks.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 4