Saturday 9/10/2011, What's on the table?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well I'm not sure at the moment what dinner will be. it could be boneless oork loin chops, pasta with garlic, oil and broccoli or maybe waffles and sausage. I will figure it out later.

Any plans?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Breakfast was Taylor ham (pork roll), buttermilk biscuits (Pillsbury) and over easy eggs.

091011_breakfast_taylor_ham_eggs.jpg

cookingirl

Supper---???????????? let's see!
I am thinking of fried potatoes with some sweated onions--maybe a tad caramelized along with a rib eye! and a new rub I am trying out!!!!!:bbq:

Carolina Cooking

Supper---???????????? let's see!
I am thinking of fried potatoes with some sweated onions--maybe a tad caramelized along with a rib eye! and a new rub I am trying out!!!!!:bbq:

Oh :clap: I got some rib eyes yesterday. I have a half bag of really good frozen onion rings that I should not eat at all but hey WTH.

I also got a big handfull of fresh Brussel S. think I'll cook them with lots of bacon & sugar free brown sugar..

I will most likey never be able to eat a potato for the rest of my life. "sigh' so enjoy for me.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
One of the perks of owning a restaurant is going to other's restaurants! One of the chef's from a French Quarter restaurant comes to Red Gravy for lunch fairly often. Tonight, Lou and I are going to his place for dinner. We're making a night of it. 7pm dinner at his restaurant and then a couple of sets of music at Preservation Hall. The weather is beautiful!!

lilylove

The neighbor from upstairs is making us shrimp with mango sauce over rice for dinner! She's a great cook and loves to feed people! :) :) :)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
So far all I know is mashed potatoes.
Maybe with chicken and noodles.
I was looking at a recipe for beef vegetable soup over mashed too.
Anything comfort food sounds good today.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Going to DD's for lasagna dinner for DW's birthday with the kids. I'm bringing the Italian bread.

mhend

I'm not sure yet either. I'm with you Sass. I'm looking for some good comfort food tonight. Maybe a nice meatloaf or chicken casserole...something along those lines. I'll decide later on when I go to the grocery store.

Carolina Cooking

I'm not sure yet either. I'm with you Sass. I'm looking for some good comfort food tonight. Maybe a nice meatloaf or chicken casserole...something along those lines. I'll decide later on when I go to the grocery store.

I just now saw a meatloaf recipe On Lydias Italy, sounds so good I am going to make it soon.

Gd chuck
2eggs,salt/p
she used bread soaked in milk, I don't use either.
parsley, onion, Parm.nutmeg

heres the kicker, riccotto & chunks of mozz . :thumb:

Bake covered 375 45 min or when done.
serve with tomato sauce, I have some homemade in the freezer I made with plumT. :encore:

mhend

I just now saw a meatloaf recipe On Lydias Italy, sounds so good I am going to make it soon.

Gd chuck
2eggs,salt/p

serve with tomato sauce, I have some homemade in the freezer I made with plumT. :encore:

Oh that sounds GOOD!! Thank you Carolina! I love Lydia's Italy!

Last edited:

Carolina Cooking

Oh that sounds GOOD!! Thank you Carolina! Did she just add the chunks of mozz and the ricotta to the beef mixture and bake it?

yup. plus what I don't like about her show recipes is she gives NO measurements lol. So I guess we just wing it.
I picked up 2lbs of chuck yesterday for something else but I think I will make this instead.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Gd chuck
2eggs,salt/p

Oh that sounds GOOD!! Thank you Carolina! Did she just add the chunks of mozz and the ricotta to the beef mixture and bake it?
Just my 2₵ - I add uncooked rolled oats (oatmeal - quick or old fashioned) instead of bread crumbs, red and/or green bell pepper (optional) and cubed or shredded cheddar cheese to my meatloaf. Just some other options.

mhend

Just my 2₵ - I add uncooked rolled oats (oatmeal - quick or old fashioned) instead of bread crumbs, red and/or green bell pepper (optional) and cubed or shredded cheddar cheese to my meatloaf. Just some other options.

Good ideas Peeps! I use oats too..It adds something that I can't get with only bread crumbs. I'm going to use your pepper idea though...sounds delish. Thank you!

Carolina Cooking

for me , no grains. Or bread.

cheese now lots of cheese for me :in_love:

mhend

yup. plus what I don't like about her show recipes is she gives NO measurements lol. So I guess we just wing it.
I picked up 2lbs of chuck yesterday for something else but I think I will make this instead.

LOL! Thanks! I think this has made the top of the list for dinner tonight! Now I'm hungry. :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
for me , no grains. Or bread.

cheese now lots of cheese for me :in_love:

Not sure if this will apply to you BUT ....

10 Foods That Diabetics SHOULD Eat

by Benjamin Wise
If you or a loved one receives a diagnosis of diabetes, this is nothing less than a complete life change. Diabetics must be mindful of their blood sugar levels to keep their disease in check. One of the most important parts of doing so is watching what you eat. You want to ensure that you are getting your fruits and vegetables, along with plenty of lean protein. Some foods can be added to your diet to help keep diabetes under control - keep reading to see ten foods which can be helpful to diabetics.

Two of the best fruits: Apples and Pomegranates.
Diabetics are typically told not to eat any white foods. However, one exception is apples. They can help reduce the body’s need for insulin and they have a lot of pectin, which helps the body to detoxify. This makes apples an especially good food for diabetics.

Best breakfast food: Oatmeal.
We all know that diabetics are supposed to stay away from carbs, but oatmeal is a good carb to eat. Just don’t get sweetened oatmeal and you’ll actually be doing something good for yourself. Oatmeal contains a lot of fiber and digests slowly, keeping blood sugar levels stable; this effect has also been shown to persist.

Click link below for more:
http://diabetic-forum.net/15/foods-diabetics-should-eat/

(Just trying to be helpful BUT go by what YOUR doctor/numbers say) XOXOXOX

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well I'm not sure at the moment what dinner will be. it could be boneless oork loin chops, pasta with garlic, oil and broccoli or maybe waffles and sausage. I will figure it out later.

Any plans?
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM the "oork" chops are put off till tomorrow Frodo! LOL <snicker>

It will most likely be cavatelli topped with either tomato sauce or with Broccoli Aglio Olio (With Garlic and Olive Oil). I will decide at the time.

Embryodad

Breakfast was Taylor ham (pork roll), buttermilk biscuits (Pillsbury) and over easy eggs.

091011_breakfast_taylor_ham_eggs.jpg

Ummmm..... The Mrs. had two of those eggies this morning.
I was up all night with a migrane, and I was sick to my stomach this morning. I couldn't look at food.
It eased up a bit, but now the bad news.....
DW is conked out ( Drug Induced ) after a teaspoon of Tussinex s/p? cough medicine. She has a froggy sore throat, and a cough.

Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy ....is in the "Sanitary Jim Mode".
Grrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......

I just threw a pot of chicken gizzards to make her some soup. :WitchBrewsSmiley:

I'm running around with lysol spray and wipes cleaning everything in site that she would touch.

I just swabbed with zink chloride on my lips and nose ports...Errrrrrrrr!

This is the worst time of the sticky season to get a cold. Germs Germs Germs...Yuck!

OMG..she just woke up, and she sounds like Mrs. Pnemonia...

Mr. Pain...here he is...Time for the Ben Gay / or Vicks Vaporub.

2beac7fb.jpg

Embryodad

Gd chuck
2eggs,salt/p

That IS good... we love it. BUT..... I don't like it cold. There is nothing to put it on bread / noodles / rice / ....rolls..whatever...that will make it taste like a regular meatloaf sandwich .

We have been making meatloaf once in a while like that, and I like it Hot...it is awesome; but not cold. IMO anyway!

DW just made 6 of them when she was at my cousins just to show her how, and they loved it. They gave some away, and she froze the 2 extra's for later.

Let us know how it came out / and how you liked / disliked (I doubt ) it.

Embryodad

:bbq:Exactly what I had for supper today.
Grilled to charred...then stuffed with cheese...slapped on mustard, and topped with onions....Y U M !

DW is having soup that I made her.

6781ba54.jpg

cookingirl

Jimmy, You are such a good hubby!! taking care of Tina!! Yup, lot of colds, allergies going around!
Lidias meatloaf sounds delish!! yum! too bad I am now doing no/low sodium...the cheese---I love cheese, but Daddy can't have any...btw the rub I tried was awesome! It was from someone on another site--goodness, oh no!!:ohmy::ohmy:
CC--I need we low carb to get rid of my tummy and more!!:blob_blue::blob_blue:

ttyl love all

GotGarlic

I'm making a Cooks' Illustrated recipe - Peruvian roast chicken, but I'm making it beer-butt style, but with wine :wink:

So I have a whole chicken marinating in olive oil, mint, oregano, serrano pepper, lime zest and juice and salt & pepper. I also boiled two russet potatoes earlier and will top them and serve the chicken with an Americanized version of the Peruvian spicy cheese sauce - Papas (Potatoes) a la Huancaina. I can't find the hot yellow aji peppers, so I'll use a jalapeno from my garden. And a grilled zucchini alongside.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM the "oork" chops are put off till tomorrow Frodo! LOL <snicker>

It will most likely be cavatelli topped with either tomato sauce or with Broccoli Aglio Olio (With Garlic and Olive Oil). I will decide at the time.
Tomato sauce PLUS a hot dog boiled in the pasta water and put on top of pasta.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
It's just pulled rotisserie chicken breast, chicken broth and noodles over mashed taters.