Saturday, 6/25/2011, What's on the table?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well I used the last the chicken breasts last night now I need to finish up the 2 broccoli crowns. I don't want any more broccoli!! LOL

Well at this point I really don't know what's for dinner. So I will hopefully get some inpiration from others today. Or there is always some sort of breakfast type meal.

Any plans?

Carolina Cooking

I have huge amount of leftover London Broil. Needs to be eaten. O carbs

I just made a Greek Salad. Love this stuff...

Sugar Free Jello. Made some REAL whipped cream :wub:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have huge amount of leftover London Broil. Needs to be eaten. O carbs

I just made a Greek Salad. Love this stuff...

Sugar Free Jello. Made some REAL whipped cream :wub:
A serving of Sugar free jello and reddi whip have approx 35 calories (maybe less) and almost no carbs. Don't feel guilty. I love black cherry sugar free jello.

Carolina Cooking

A serving of Sugar free jello and reddi whip have approx 35 calories (maybe less) and almost no carbs. Don't feel guilty. I love black cherry sugar free jello.

I tell ya, its a eye opener to actually know about carbs lol. I have been buying no fat/low fat/ cheese & dairy. I thought I was doing something bad to be using real butter & the Real mayo. Full fat all the way for me now. :yum: I don't even know the last time I bought Heavy whipping cream.. I sure as heck buy it now..

Even bottled salad dressing is Ok. No more tasteless junk. I have been making my own for along time so don't know if I will buy it tho.

I have learned so much, just lurking on 'D" forums.

doubt I will do the 2T vinegar thing tho :huh: :ohmy: I'll do mine in salad dressing lol

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I tell ya, its a eye opener to actually know about carbs lol. I have been buying no fat/low fat/ cheese & dairy. I thought I was doing something bad to be using real butter & the Real mayo. Full fat all the way for me now. :yum: I don't even know the last time I bought Heavy whipping cream.. I sure as heck buy it now..

Even bottled salad dressing is Ok. No more tasteless junk. I have been making my own for along time so don't know if I will buy it tho.

I have learned so much, just lurking on 'D" forums.

doubt I will do the 2T vinegar thing tho :huh: :ohmy: I'll do mine in salad dressing lol
I did the 2 TBSP vinegar before meals till I started taking the pills. Vinegar and cinnamon really help.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Not cooking tonight cuz we're going to a neighborhood party. But I've been busy nonetheless, getting ready for my fishing trip tomorrow and fulfilling promises for bread and rolls for other events tonight. Oh, I also made spaetzle for my trip and calico beans for the neighborhood party. I'll be making chicken paprikash in the campground. I'll post pics.

P1030723.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i used 2 have that jell-o when i was losing weight-i'd put f/f redi-whip on & luved that

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Beautiful bread as always, Joe - that picture represents ALOT of work. Your fishing buddies are VERY lucky! Hope they appreciate it. What fun!

Norm

Speaking of chicken breasts and salad, I got a chicken breast out of the freezer and cooked it and made small Cobb Salads for lunch today.
DSCF3114.jpg

Son is marinating some kalbi for the grill tonight.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Speaking of chicken breasts and salad, I got a chicken breast out of the freezer and cooked it and made small Cobb Salads for lunch today.

How did you make that dressing? That looks like the kind that I like :thumb:.

Norm

Hi Cooksie,

This is the dressing with about a tablespoon added blue cheese mashed and mixed in and a pinch of fresh minced tarragon.
Dressing
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
1 clove garlic, mince
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil

QuirkyCookery

I made some chicken stock this morning, so lunch was chicken noodle soup for the sick partner who seems to think he's dying from a little cough. /rolls eyes :p

cookingirl

Hey CC and Peeps, what "D" forum was that? I do not have 'D" but it is a family trait and I should learn more about carbs...right now focusing on low sodium and maybe low fat--but if full fat has less carb..hummmmmmm...need to lose weight..a lot--saw a pix of myself and I was embarrassed! YIKES!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Girls and hub wanted KFC so that was a late lunch. Dinner will be whatever they can find. Probably cereal or PB&J. I may have a small bit of angelhair with leftover sauce and a salad.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I'm going across the street where there is an outstanding Mexican restaurant in the basement.

Nancy-MD

Not cooking tonight cuz we're going to a neighborhood party. But I've been busy nonetheless, getting ready for my fishing trip tomorrow and fulfilling promises for bread and rolls for other events tonight. Oh, I also made spaetzle for my trip and calico beans for the neighborhood party. I'll be making chicken paprikash in the campground. I'll post pics.

P1030723.jpg

Really looks good!
DSCF3114.jpg

Nice salads.
Dinner
SummerNewOrleans2011042.jpg

Yeah baby!
Oh hell yeah! I'll be enjoying some of those beautiful steamed crabs this coming Saturday and washing them down with cold beer. Can't wait.
Girls and hub wanted KFC so that was a late lunch. Dinner will be whatever they can find. Probably cereal or PB&J. I may have a small bit of angelhair with leftover sauce and a salad.
Great minds and all that - that was our supper tonight cause I didn't feel like cooking. KFC and some sides. Yum!

Carolina Cooking

DSCF3114.jpg

Norm these look so good. On my menu too. Low low carb..

Norm

Son made kalbi on the grill tonight. I grilled some bok choy like Ross in Ventura did a few days ago and the kimchee came from the Korean restaurant-grocery store. Rice was made by Tiger rice cooker LOL

DSCF3121.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Norm, you've had some delicious stuff coming out of your kitchen today! I love those Cobb salads, and the Korean dinner looks wonderful. My husband loves Kimchee - it's not easy to find in Mexico! Vera - hope you enjoyed that crab!

I cooked us some chicken and chips tonight - chicken breast chunks dredged in flour, egg and Panko, french fries. That's it. Nothing green. Not the healthiest dinner, but we seldom eat fried food, so it was a tasty treat.

Attachments

• chicken nuggets.jpg
    chicken nuggets.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 132

Norm

Thanks Karen. I'd give you a recipe for kimchee if I could make a decent batch myself. I quit trying and just buy it.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
We have a friend here who tried to make some, and it turned out pretty nasty. I did see it here in a store once, but that was several years ago. I guess I should apply myself toward making him some - it would make him so happy.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Hi Cooksie,

This is the dressing with about a tablespoon added blue cheese mashed and mixed in and a pinch of fresh minced tarragon.
Dressing
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
1 clove garlic, mince
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Thanks Norm! I've been wanting to branch out from bottled salad dressings, so I will try this soon.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Nice dinners, everyone! I want to see what happened to those crabs.

Here's my broiled catfish and broccoli with hollandaise:

BroiledCatfishBroccoliHollandaise.jpg