Sat. 11/05....What's Cookin?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
The big game is tonight! The showdown between Alabama and LSU! Homemade pizza is on the menu!

What are y'all havin'?

Carolina Cooking

slow cooker chili.

and I have never made it the slow cooker before . I am going to add kidney beans even tho they spike my BG. :sad:

Heck I might go all the way & really spike myself & make some corn bread. :whistling:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Appetizer party at my niece's home. Taking Hanky Pankies and veggie tray from Sam's.

Embryodad

Halupkies....(stuffed cabbages) that were made and frozen not cooked.
In the little C.I. pot with tomatoes and cooking slowly.
Have acorn squash I will peel and cube and steam. I don't like it baked and soft scraped out of the skin.

DW will have mashed potatoes...

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I had a very bad day and I don't know if I will be eating tonight. Family will have to fend for themselves if I don't cook.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
we're in the middle of working 13 days in a row:dizzy:and have to be up again at 4:30 tomorrow....but I hate to waste a saturday night.

I'm just doing some mussels with a red sauce and a really great bread from the baker around the corner. Hoping to take it outside to eat by a fire. Cheated and got two cupcakes from Sucre - one is a salted caramel and the other is an almond joy.

Embryodad

Stuffed Cabbages..
Acorn squash..peeled and cubed,,S & P and Butter..lots.
Hot Peppers...and Italian Bread from Anthony & Sons In Denville. "T" took a ride to visit her friend. and she knows not to come home without stopping at Anthony's for the bread.....hahahahaha

75faea83.jpg

88c3cf95.jpg

Nancy-MD

Hello! Long time, no see! It's been about 3 weeks. I was visiting my new granddaughter for the first 2 weeks and this week I've been home getting caught up with things.

Everyone's food looks delicious.

Tonight I made fried chicken breasts with milk gravy, rice made with chicken stock, and steamed green beans.

Attachments

• fried chicken, milk gravy, rice and steamed green beans.jpg
    fried chicken, milk gravy, rice and steamed green beans.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 173

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Hello! Long time, no see! It's been about 3 weeks. I was visiting my new granddaughter for the first 2 weeks and this week I've been home getting caught up with things.

Tonight I made fried chicken breasts with milk gravy, rice made with chicken stock, and steamed green beans.

Nancy that looks soooo good!! All of you do such a great job!! :encore:

Embryodad

Great to see you're back Nancy...
I'll bet you were thrilled to have and be with your kids, and especially the new baby?

And to think, you came back, and cooked up a storm, and didn't lose your magic touch!

Ha Ha Ha Ha ....... I used to say to "T"...what brand of TV dinner are we having tonight!...

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

Welcome back Nan. I am so glad you had a nice long visit with the new grandbaby. Did you miss the freak snow storm? I have been missing you.

Your dinner looks fantastic Nan!!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
pork w/ poached aprict/ prune sliced sliced onto it, boiled kluski noodles that i then cooked slighty crispy in truffle-porcini oil, & then i put a few kinds of root veggies into the KA w/ cream & seasonings @ made them into a textured mash~

Attachments

• IMG_0387149.jpg
    IMG_0387149.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

Embryodad

pork w/ poached aprict/ prune sliced sliced onto it, boiled kluski noodles that i then cooked slighty crispy in truffle-porcini oil, & then i put a few kinds of root veggies into the KA w/ cream & seasonings @ made them into a textured mash~

LOOKS good luvs...

We usually buy Mrs. Weiss's kluski

I like them with butter and black pepper. In soup too.

K

Kimchee

We continued our quest to find the best Oriental buffet in the area.
So far, results have been disappointing. Today's visit was to what
many reviews called the best in the area.
Meh. What they had was OK, very good hot and sour soup, but limited
variety, too much "American" food, and the tea was a bit old.
Not worth the drive.

Try another one next weekend, maybe.

(Gotta find a decent one, because our Christmas Day tradition is to go to
an oriental buffet, LOL)

Nancy-MD

Luvs, your plate looks amazing.
rickismom, are those mushrooms?
Nancy that looks soooo good!! All of you do such a great job!! :encore:
Thanks!
Great to see you're back Nancy...
I'll bet you were thrilled to have and be with your kids, and especially the new baby?

And to think, you came back, and cooked up a storm, and didn't lose your magic touch!

Ha Ha Ha Ha ....... I used to say to "T"...what brand of TV dinner are we having tonight!...
Thank you Jimmy. Yes, it was a very special time for me being with the baby. It was hard to leave.
I've been cooking all week, just didn't take any pictures! My hubby is glad to have me back home. :eek:)
Welcome back Nan. I am so glad you had a nice long visit with the new grandbaby. Did you miss the freak snow storm? I have been missing you.

Your dinner looks fantastic Nan!!
Thanks Peep. We drove home in the snowstorm. It was like a blizzard coming through northern VA, then as soon as we hit MD, it slacked off.
I have missed you, too!

We continued our quest to find the best Oriental buffet in the area.
So far, results have been disappointing. Today's visit was to what
many reviews called the best in the area.
Meh. What they had was OK, very good hot and sour soup, but limited
variety, too much "American" food, and the tea was a bit old.
Not worth the drive.

Try another one next weekend, maybe.

(Gotta find a decent one, because our Christmas Day tradition is to go to
an oriental buffet, LOL)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTq20prt0K8[/ame]

Hahahahahaha. I couldn't help myself.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
like on 'a Christmas story', lol!, when they hafta get thier dinner on @ an asian place on Christmas day (i luv that movie!)

thanks, peepz!

jimmy, i luv stuffed cabbage & smushed taters w/ the tomato sauce on 'em. as 4 the noodles, i luv those buttered w/ pepper, myself. dripping w/ butter. & when i've not got egg noodles, i'll use them 4 haluski, & they're excellent in beef noodle soup & that-

nancy (great to see you on here! & congrats!) i missed your post &
Californiacook, brilliant minds think alike~ i posted then saw yours

Last edited:
Last night we enjoyed baked Cajun-seasoned catfish, Fried Green Tomatoes, & a "mess o' greens" (white Swiss Chard, creasy greens (aka field cress), & collards). Except for the catfish, all courtesy of our local farmers market & my friendly hay farmer who has a big garden. :)