Anyone having dinner tonight? 8/27/2011

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I made pan roasted salmon fillets with scalloped potatoes and green beans. Anyone else eating tonight?

Attachments

• dinner08272011.jpg
    dinner08272011.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 217

mhend

Re: Anyone having dinner tonight? 8/27/2011O

Mama, that looks wonderful! The salmon looks so moist!

I've got to make a quick run to the supermarket in a few and I'll figure out then. It might be salmon after seeing that photo. :)

Still early here on the left Coast. Grilled London Broil, Portobellos stuffed with tomatoes, mozzarella & basil (Caprese-style). There might be a potato of sorts on the side.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

Your dinner looks wonderful Mama.

Our dinner was breakfast.

Western scramble - Ham, onion, red and green bell peppers sautéed in butter then eggs added and cooked until set and a side of cantaloupe cubes.

082711_western_scramble_cantaloupe.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Mary! I tried something new and made a rub for 4 filets out of 2 Tbsp. brown sugar, 2 tsp. kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard and about 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon. I put the rub on the "meat" side of the fillet and then seared it rub side down in about a Tbsp. Olive Oil for about 2 minutes then flipped and finished it in the a 350° oven for about 5 minutes. I'll definitely being using it again and again...it was really good.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers! Your dinner looks delicious. The cantaloupe looks perfectly ripe.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers! Your dinner looks delicious. The cantaloupe looks perfectly ripe.
Thank you Mama. They were on sale so I got 3. I also have a hand of green bananas. LOL They should be ripe to the way I like them tomorrow. I like them a little green on the ends and not to sweet.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I've got to get moving or there won't be anything..

First course is boston lettuce salad with goat cheese rillete and grilled plums

Dinner is pan seared game hens with cranberry walnut stuffing and sauteed beets

Irish coffee bread pudding for dessert

Cocktail is the now famous spaghetti western. Wine...well you know...Lou picks that.

GotGarlic

I made hurricane-proof potato salad with a vinaigrette earlier today (no need for refrigeration) and am planning on pan-grilled tuna with Bobby Flay's Red Tomatillo Salsa - red from chile powder added to roasted tomatillos and other stuff, and a green salad.

Leni

I decided to use the Brinkman smoker that I was given for the first time. Had to clean everything. The heating coil did not want to work so I started the brisket in the oven. Didn't want to do that as it is 104 and humid here. Duh. I finally figured out that the electrical outlet that I had it plugged into needed to have the reset button pushed. So now I'm late getting started and I'll have to play it by ear.

If it works out dinner will be BBQ brisket, cole slaw, and ?

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Mama, your salmon looks like it is perfectly cooked. Being from the Pacific NW, Jerry and I LOVE salmon, and we can buy Chilean salmon here that is pretty good.

I would love your supper, Peeps, for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It looks delicious.

I'd love to have a look at your Cornish games hens, Vera - hope you take a picture.

I've had some chicken tenders marinating in a chipotle marinade for a few hours. We'll have some rice, and either cauliflower/broccoli or green beans.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Mama, your salmon looks like it is perfectly cooked. Being from the Pacific NW, Jerry and I LOVE salmon, and we can buy Chilean salmon here that is pretty good.

I would love your supper, Peeps, for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It looks delicious.

I'd love to have a look at your Cornish games hens, Vera - hope you take a picture.

I've had some chicken tenders marinating in a chipotle marinade for a few hours. We'll have some rice, and either cauliflower/broccoli or green beans.
Thank you Karen. May be the last hot meal for awhile.

Embryodad

Just had a simple macaroni with the sausage cacciatori on top, and then I slided some mozzarella piecec into the dish, and stuck it in the broiler to melt the cheese a little.
I ate on a newspaper placemat. Just wanted to go back to eating like I did in the 50's. Easy to clean up the mess to. Roll it, and toss it in the can... "DONE!"

b995b1f2.jpg

Embryodad

I made pan roasted salmon fillets with scalloped potatoes and green beans. Anyone else eating tonight?

Oh My Goodness!..Mama..that picture is beautiful as is the food.
the fish is so flaky. Ummm!!

Definitely a "Make Me Drool Pic" :good:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Everyone's stuff looks terrific!

Hey, Leni, tell us more about the brisket in the electric Brinkmann smoker, please, in a separate thread.

What rub and sauce did you use? What did you use for wood chips/chunks? What temp? How long did it take?

HOW WAS IT????

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you LS.

Jimmy that pasta looks wonderful.

Ls is that tuna? YUMMY Whats in the container? Stewed tomatoes?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks everyone! Those chicken tenders sound wonderful Karen. I hope you take pics!

Oh Jimmy....all that gooey cheese has me drooling!

That's real comfort food LS!

YUM! Leni....smoked brisket and cole slaw sounds great on a hot summer night....shoot, it sounds good even if it wasn't a hot summer night :lol:

Pancho, chili was a great choice.

Vera, would you want to share that cranberry walnut stuffing recipe?

GG, how did you make the potato salad? Did you just use a vinaigrette instead of mayo?

CC, those mushrooms sound really good!

Leni

I'd love to tell you a success story but this is one of those where you go to plan 2 and then plan 3. The Brinkman was pulling more electricty than the outlet could tolerate. DH used to work for DWP and is a ham radio operator. He explained it. Had to switch to charcoal and it is cooking nicely right now. I've got cole slaw and corn ready. I'm using Santa Barbara Style spice and lemon wood. I'll be using Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce. Not sure which one just yet.

Embryodad

Thanks everyone! Those chicken tenders sound wonderful Karen. I hope you take pics!

YUM! Leni....smoked brisket and cole slaw sounds great on a hot summer night....shoot, it sounds good even if it wasn't a hot summer night :lol:

GG, how did you make the potato salad? Did you just use a vinaigrette instead of mayo?

Thanks Mama...Yeah! that meal of mine, I ruined it. I put too much cheese, and I had to stertch and pull and stretch, and then the strings slapped my chin.
As the sauce dripped on my upper lip, I just took another piece of Macaroni, and used that to wipe off that mustache of sauce. Hahahahaha...

Would you believe this piggie ate 1/2 a box of the macaroni. I just could not stop until all the gooey cheese was gone, and then there was like 7 more lonely pieces...so I ate em up. I licked my platter C L E A N !

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I mushed up enough for three meals.

red taters
green pepper (damn - forgot to throw in a banana pepper)
carrots
celery
onion
garlic
Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausage
Some Cabernet Sauvignon

SDC13330.jpg

AND - a big bunch of Cajun Spice

SDC13331.jpg

Thank you, Mama. It's a combo of two different recipes, but the same idea.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-stuffed-portobello-mushrooms-10000000226538/

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/grilled-portobello-mushrooms-with-tomatoes-and-fresh-mozzarella-recipe/index.html

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
The salad was made with boston lettuce, pan grilled plums and the fried goat cheese. I added candied walnuts, red onion and croutons to the salad. The dressing was made with balsamic, olive oil, sugar, cinnamon, and chipotle.

I put the cranberries and candied sliced almonds into the pan I sauteed the beets in.

The dressing was made with sauteed onions, celery, mushrooms and chicken chiptole sausage, tossed with diced italian bread (oven dried) , chicken broth and poultry seasoning.

The hens were marinated in campari, orange juice, rosemary, and garlic. First seared on the stove top and finished in the oven.

We had a magnificent beaujolais with dinner.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Pretty table, VB!!

What are the blue flowers in the vase?

Lee

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
silk.......hahaaha..

I just plated the bread pudding, got a picture, but have to bring them to the parlour first. I'll post that picture later.

yeah, silk....