Thursday, 8/4/2011, Whats cooking today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I had planned sweet and sour pork for dinner but I may put that off till tomorrow and make myself some comfort food. I am craving pastina and eggs today. I may make it for dinner and anyone who doesn't want it can have hot or cold cereal.

Any plans?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
There ya go Peepers! It's your Birthday, have what YOU want! :thumb:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I took a chuck roast out of the freezer, but I don't know if it will thaw in time to have tonight. I may need a plan B.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm making sausage (that kind i posted 'bout the other day), a grainy mustard sauce, shiitakes, & haricot vert, w/ 1 of the 2 getting a drizzle of porcini-truflle infused oil

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I keep thinking about LS's breakfast the other day. I too have been wanting breakfast so, I'm with Peeps on the eggs...not sure what else yet.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I fried potatoes with onions, red and green peppers. Pounded thin and breaded some pork loin chops to go with the eggs and toast.

Attachments

• dinner08042011-2.jpg
    dinner08042011-2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 267

SilverSage

Resident Crone
My chuck roast didn't thaw in time to do it justice.

Plan B was pasta carbonarra. Didn't take new pics, but it looked the same as last time.

Attachments

• carbonarra 010.jpg
    carbonarra 010.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 256

homecook

Mama, great minds think a like, looks great! lol SS, that looks so nice, rich and creamy. Yumm LS, your dinner looks truly amazing! Do you have a recipe posted for it??

I've had a rough night and day today but managed to get something on the table tonight. Omelet w/green and yellow peppers, onion, mushrooms, bacon and cheese, served with hash browns, toast and more bacon.....

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 249

Embryodad

I fried potatoes with onions, red and green peppers. Pounded thin and breaded some pork loin chops to go with the eggs and toast.
wow... amazing how everthing goes with everything mama...

I would do everything to anything if it was looking anything like that.

Embryodad

Mama, great minds think a like, looks great! lol SS, that looks so nice, rich and creamy. Yumm LS, your dinner looks truly amazing! Do you have a recipe posted for it??

I've had a rough night and day today but managed to get something on the table tonight. Omelet w/green and yellow peppers, onion, mushrooms, bacon and cheese, served with hash browns, toast and more bacon.....
Ummmmmmm...

Now I'm hungry... especially that I am not full what I ate.
I had a pastrami on rye bread that dd bought me on th way home.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Delicious looking brinner Mama and Barb!

LS, that looks scrummy!

I had the spaghetti and garlic bread. Didn't take a pic.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
No I haven't posted a recipe but it's fairly simple... just a throw together thing.

I fried the ground beef with some white onion and when browned I put some on a flour tortills and folded.
I then topped with some enchalada sauce, diced tomatoes, grated cheese and a sauce that I made from an avacado, 2 tsp. sour cream and 2 tsp. mayo. And a little chives for taste.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Amazing as usual. I baked a ham I had in the freezer, then made potato salad with redskin potatoes. I added sour cream with the mayo and it was delicious!!! I have a container of it in the fridge for my lunch on the boat tomorrow, along with too much other food. Leaving the house at 5 a.m. to chase the elusive walleye on Lake Erie. Wish me luck!

Camera battery was on the charger, so no pics tonight.

Oh, also made my first batch of rye sandwich thins this morning. Made two ham & cheese sammies w/mayo on it for tomorrow's lunch. I'll let you know how they tasted.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Just Had Pastrami & Swiss on Rye...cold..too lean...with mustard.

be5df786.jpg

I love HOT pastrami (not too lean) on rye with Plotchman's mustard and a good kosher dill pickle. I think that would be my choice for a last meal.

homecook

Amazing as usual. I baked a ham I had in the freezer, then made potato salad with redskin potatoes. I added sour cream with the mayo and it was delicious!!! I have a container of it in the fridge for my lunch on the boat tomorrow, along with too much other food. Leaving the house at 5 a.m. to chase the elusive walleye on Lake Erie. Wish me luck!

Camera battery was on the charger, so no pics tonight.

Oh, also made my first batch of rye sandwich thins this morning. Made two ham & cheese sammies w/mayo on it for tomorrow's lunch. I'll let you know how they tasted.

Hmmmmmm.....could some of that find it's way down the block, per chance? :whistle:

K

Kimchee

I created a chorizo, andouille and carmelized onion pizza.
So good I posted the recipe under Ethnic Recipes!

Attachments

• 103_0845.jpg
    103_0845.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 173
K

Kimchee

Boy, everything looks good. Now I want eggs carbonara pastrami enchiladas and toast! ;)

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Mama! Your eggs are so perfect! I love your dinner.
SS- Carbonara is one of my favorite things, and tricky to do right. Looks like you nailed it.
LS - that is one scrumptious looking burrito.
Barb - hope your day gets easier before it ends, and that you wake up tomorrow to a better one. You DID manage to cook a delicious dinner.
That pastrami looks pretty darned good, Jimmy.
I love the look of your pizza, Kimchee - I guess that qualifies as "fusion"? Nice looking crust.

I decided to put something in the crockpot this morning...it was a little cooler today, but I didn't want to use the oven. I did that yesterday and I almost had a heat stroke!

I browned some chunks of boneless skinless chicken thighs, put them on top of some vegetables (carrots, fresh green beans, onions, celery, potatoes), added some cooked bacon and made gravy out of the pan drippings and added that too. Seasoned it heavily with Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute. It was actually delicious - tasted much better than it looked.

Attachments

• Crockpot chicken.jpg
    Crockpot chicken.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 155

homecook

Thanks Jimmy and I could go for a pastrami sandwich right about now. I'm hungry again. lol I'm sitting here eating pistachios....
Kimchee, that pizza looks awesome! I'll be giving that a try as I have some chorizo and andouille on hand.
Thank you Karen, that chicken "stew" looks very comforting and filling. I'd like a nice big bowl of that, please with some bread for dipping. lol

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Everyones food looks and sounds awesome!!

Karen what did you think of the Trader Joe 21 seasoning Salute? I have been using it for awile and love it.

I made pastina and eggs for dinner. (my comfort food lol) No pic. I have posted pics of it before.