Look what showed up at my house!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
This little guy showed up and hasn't left yet. I don't know if he got lost or if he was abandoned but he sure is sweet.

Attachments

• scruffy.jpg
    scruffy.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 130

joec

Gold Site Supporter
If nothing else you could use him to dust with. :yum:

He is cute though but really looks sad.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Awwwww. He's/she's lost. Take him/her for a walk around the neighborhood and see who's looking for him/her.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I think he was scared of the flash. He's really playful and is housebroken so he must have been someone's dog. However, he's very skittish and doesn't bark and kind of acts like a dog who's been hit.

Yeah, he's definitely a scruffy looking dog!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I did take him around the neighborhood but no one seems to recognize him so far. Of course, it's the holidays so people's schedules are weird. It's been a couple of days since he got here and he doesn't seem inclined to leave.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Poor lamb!

He knew the right house and the right person to go to, though!

:)

Lee

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
LOL! It's true - having a little boy around seems to attract doggies. (And I'm such a soft touch - it's a wonder my house isn't more of a zoo than it is.)

Deelady

Sooo precious!!! He would def make me agree to having a dog!! I couldn't refuse a face like that!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
My current dog Biggs I had for about a year before he ever barked. Now every time someone comes in the office if he is in the house. If he is in the office not a sound out of him. He also acted like a dog that had been abused but has since turned into a normal dog. It takes time with a little older dog sometimes and Biggs is the first I've ever gotten from the pound as all my others I got as puppies. He is about 8 years old now and doing great. My cats favorite chew toy actually.

homecook

Aw, he's so cute, Terry. He seems all settled in and you know you love having him around. lol I don't think he'll be a "visitor" for long....

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Awww! He looks like a black version of a stray we took in when I was a kid! She had white curly hair. Loved that dog!

chowhound

Take him to a vet or humane society and see if he is chipped. You never know. They have universal scanners, but they don't always work like they are supposed to and sometimes the chips migrate to other areas in the body to complicate things. This being the holidays, or anytime really, lots of people like to go cheap with their pets and have a friend or neighbor watch them while they visit family. I've received two calls already to be on the lookout for pets that were being watched by pet "checkers" in the area. I'll bet he got away from somebody.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Good suggestion Chow my dog is chipped. We took the gray cat in back in October right after she showed up and her checked. She wasn't so some one has lost a fine young cat, declawed and fixed female. She sure has become mine too in that she is my shadow most of the day. I know the 2 male cats and dog are my wife's and the simply tolerate me for the most but Shadow is really mine or I hers as tends to be the case with cats..

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Take him to a vet or humane society and see if he is chipped. You never know. They have universal scanners, but they don't always work like they are supposed to and sometimes the chips migrate to other areas in the body to complicate things. This being the holidays, or anytime really, lots of people like to go cheap with their pets and have a friend or neighbor watch them while they visit family. I've received two calls already to be on the lookout for pets that were being watched by pet "checkers" in the area. I'll bet he got away from somebody.
That's a great suggestion, Chow! I will do that in the a.m. Maybe the vet will even know who this little dog is. He isn't neutered, but from his teeth I'd say he's about a year old.

Thanks again, Chow.

K

Kimchee

So was he chipped? Poor guy, missing his family... at least he seems to have
landed on the correct doorstep!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
No - no chip. I found out that he may "belong" to a guy who moved in across the street. I'm not sure, though. Several people said that the little dog showed up about the time the guy moved in and that the dog often slept in front of his door. But the neighbors all said the dog was always outside - day and night - and that's what I saw, too. The guy is never home - he may have a very busy work schedule. I walked over and left a note on the door asking if it is his dog and left my phone number - and I didn't see any water bowl or food bowl on the porch or under the carport. That's been a couple of days and no response from him so maybe it wasn't his dog either. Maybe it was just hanging out around his house because it was lost.

Anyway, I had to come back home so I brought the dog with me. But the guy has my cell phone number from the note if it turns out to be his dog.

K

Kimchee

Well, even if it was "his", he didn't deserve such a cutiepooch!
Smart dog, knew where to go!

My wife rescued a Bichon out in Wyoming once. The owners kept it outside, even
in the brutal winters. She encouraged it to chew through the cord it was tied to
( I think scissors helped a lot), and then, it was just a poor lost doggie in the road...

CJ was a great scrapper of a dog, reminds me of your Scrapper too!

Major karma to you for rescuing it! :)

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I don't get it. Why would people have these small breeds that are not equipped for brutal weather and then leave them outside all the time? It was sleeting the night I let this little guy in the house and he was shaking so hard it looked like he was having a seizure. I can't even imagine a Bichon in Wyoming winter!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
It is like that Russian Blue cat that showed up here. She was nothing but skin and bones when we took her in though now she is pretty heavy and filled out. She had been de-clawed so she sure was having a hard time surviving in the wild. Few dogs do well in the wild really.

I saw a TV show on one of the science channels a while back about what would happen in stages if man kind was completely wiped out. Cats would survive easily but few dogs would. Only the large working breeds would survive while the smaller dogs would die out pretty quickly, with in a few generations. A really interesting show though and makes you think how quickly all trace of us would vanish from the planet. Not many things we have built will last 1000 years.