"Tina's Shredded Potato & Onion Pancakes"

Embryodad

“Tina’s Shredded Potato & Onion Pancake Crisps”

PotatoPancakes002_zpsec7fe2b4.jpg

3 Medium Potatoes peeled and grated (Course Shred Blade ) in the food processor. ( *Or on a hand grater )

1 onion shredded as above .

Press out most of the liquid with the hands as much as possible.

Salt & Pepper to taste.

Add one beaten large egg and one Heaping Tablespoon Flour to the grated ingredients, Mix... and immediately fry in shallow oil; dropping a heaping Tbs., and pressing down to form a flat cake.

Brown both sides till crisp and browned…… Place on toweling to drain excess oil.

..........Enjoy!..........

Leni

If you have a ricer use that to squeeze out the excess liquid. That sounds good. I'll have to try it. They sound very much like the potato pancakes that my grandmother used to make. We'd serve them with apple sauce and sour cream.

Embryodad

If you have a ricer use that to squeeze out the excess liquid. That sounds good. I'll have to try it. They sound very much like the potato pancakes that my grandmother used to make. We'd serve them with apple sauce and sour cream.
Leni .... Oh! ... What a great Idea! ...

The poor girl has so much difficulty squeezing because of a disability in her right hand / arm..and I will go right now to the garage and find it so she can use it!

A funny thing. Years ago...I came across a nice ricer that a friend was gonna throw it away. She said,"Jimmy it is such a PITA. It doesnt squeeze right, and if you want it, it's yours!"

Tina sees this thing, and laughs. "Where'd you get that!" .....she said?
I said,Betty" ..... she said "What the heck am I supposed to use that for?"

She knew what it was, but she didn't like the way it looked. It had a bent handle.
Well...Mr Jimmy Fixer Upper everything took it to the garage, and did a re-juvenation job on it. I set it someplace, and said to myself,"Someday this thing will come in handy!"
NoW! Low and Behold.... Thank You Leni for the Idea.

I'm gonna get it, and wrap it up as a Christmas Present for her. Oh! I got her other stuff, but it will be a nice gift, and "I'll put her recipe for the potato pancakes inside it also!"

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I make mine the same way, but I'm fortunate to have a lot of strength in my hands because of the work I do, so hand squeezing works well for me. Like Leni, I serve with sour cream and apple sauce. Sometimes I add some of my Italian herb mixture to "kick it up a notch."I think I'll make them sometime this week, as we have a full house staying here, and they wake up hungry every morning. :yum:

Embryodad

I make mine the same way, but I'm fortunate to have a lot of strength in my hands because of the work I do, so hand squeezing works well for me. Like Leni, I serve with sour cream and apple sauce. Sometimes I add some of my Italian herb mixture to "kick it up a notch."I think I'll make them sometime this week, as we have a full house staying here, and they wake up hungry every morning. :yum:

Geepers.... I would think from all the cooking and great meals that are done in that house...hunger would not be a spoken, or given a thought there? LOL :readytoeat:

Speaking of squeezing.....
DW makes her stuffing, and I am the elected one to squeeze the rolls after she soaks them. She still dries the rolls out, and then soaks them in water. I told her...why?? Why not just cube them, and add the liquid stock to moisten the bread? ... ""NO NO"" she said. "That's not the way my grandma or my mother did it, and I will never change doing it that way!" :confused: