How many shrimp?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
That looks like a small Florida Lobster. Now that is .5 size based on the current method of measuring shrimp. My luck though if I got one it would probably be like eating rubber but then it might not be too.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I don't think I would need more than one, and would probably end up sharing part of it. I scrolled down the page after reading the details, and stumbled upon something interesting;

[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif][SIZE=+2]What's Good for Wal-Mart Is Good for Target, Kroger and Safeway
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]
In November 2005, the Global Aquaculture Alliance (GAA) and the Aquaculture Certification Council partnered with Wal-Mart [Yes, that Wal-Mart,] the largest retailer in the world!] to certify that all of Wal-Mart's shrimp suppliers adhere to GAA's Best Aquaculture Practices!

On April 18, 2006, speaking at DePauw University, Charles Fishman, the author of "The Wal-Mart Effect" (How the World's Most Powerful Company Really Works, How It's Transforming the American Economy), said, "Wal-Mart can change the way food is raised or people are treated around the world...so, if Wal-Mart starts selling shrimp that is environmentally certified, guess who else is gonna start selling shrimp that is environmentally certified? Target and Kroger and Safeway."

Sources: 1. PR Newswire (an online news service). New certification for Wal-Mart shrimp, Another example of environmental leadership (http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/11-17-2005/0004218647&EDATE=). November 17, 2005. 2. Inside Indiana Business with Gerry Dick. Author of "The Wal-Mart Effect" Speaks at DePauw University (http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/newsitem.asp?ID=17677). April 19, 2006.
[/FONT]

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
That is big. I was watching TV last night and this person went out catching langostine (spelling?), they didn't look too bad either

buckytom

Grill Master
this gets confusing, for such tasty bugs.

langoustines are a european version of a lobster, aka dublin bay prawns.

langostinos are different things in different places, much like prawns and shrimp.

actually, ithey're closer to a hermit crab, but they're in the same order as as lobsters (diffrent infra-order).

iany of these can be either squuat lobster, spiny lobster, or crayfish, or shrimp. depends on who you want to believe.

butter and lemon please!

Calicolady

Yum, yum. I need butter and lemon too, Buck.

I scrolled down the thread too, and was reading about Blue Diamond Ventures, Inc. They mentioned something about
goat being "the world's most eaten meat".
I've had goat, about a 1/2 dozen times. I'll never get used to the taste. To me it tastes like the animal smells. I just can't stand it.
Has anyone else eaten goat? And did you like it?
The world's most eaten meat? You can have my share!

Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yum, yum. I need butter and lemon to Buck.

I scrolled down the thread too, and was reading about Blue Diamond Ventures, Inc. They mentioned something about
goat being "the world's most eaten meat".
I've had goat, about a 1/2 dozen times. I'll never get used to the taste. To me it tastes like the animal smells. I just can't stand it.
Has anyone else eaten goat? And did you like it?
The world's most eaten meat? You can have my share!

Got to have butter and lemon with almost all sea food. As for goat meat it is pretty game to me too. Never cared for it much because of it. I'm also not a big fan of lamb either.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
this gets confusing, for such tasty bugs.

langoustines are a european version of a lobster, aka dublin bay prawns.

langostinos are different things in different places, much like prawns and shrimp.

actually, ithey're closer to a hermit crab, but they're in the same order as as lobsters (diffrent infra-order).

iany of these can be either squuat lobster, spiny lobster, or crayfish, or shrimp. depends on who you want to believe.

butter and lemon please!

Can't say much about the first part, that that part I can understand and endorse!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I had to make shrimp for dinner tonight after seeing this thread!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
lol, then i guess piss clams are out as well, huh keltin?

You're killing me, BT. LOL I just bought a dozen clams at the farmers market this morning and plan to use them with pasta tonight. I like to steam them in their own juice (no water) and save the juice for chowder. Some how clam urine conch chowder no longer appeals to me. :twak: :yum:

buckytom

Grill Master
Post-Crap-Clam.jpg