Cinco De Mayo

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
We're not cooking tonight, headed for the Mexican restaurant in town for Fajitas and Margaritas.

Jim

Leni

Around here Cinco di Mayo is a big deal. No way can you get close to a restaurant. I'm cheating but I bought cheese enchiladas and chicken enchiladas from Trader Joes. Sides will be refried beans, rice and fresh corn. I have avocados and salsa for dips.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
No Mexican here. I tried out Mama's Peach cobbler. It was yummy!! The only change was I added cinnamon to the flour, sugar and milk crust mixture and added ALOT of cinnamon on top. We love cinnamon. I cooked it for 50 minutes and wasn't sure if it was supposed to be loose but didn't want to over cook it. It tasted great. My girl thinks it could have used a bit more peaches but loved it. Shes the one who is the picky one so thats a rave review!! I LOVED IT! Thanks Mama!

Beef Stroganoff, steamed and buttered carrots and Mama’s Peach Cobbler topped with French vanilla ice cream

050511_beef_strganoff.jpg

050511_peach_cobbler.jpg

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Looks great Peepers! I'm glad you and your family liked it. It's such an easy dessert to throw together.

No cooking here tonight we had a "clean out the fridge" buffet.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks great Peepers! I'm glad you and your family liked it. It's such an easy dessert to throw together.

No cooking here tonight we had a "clean out the fridge" buffet.
Thanks Mama.

Is it supposed to be loose and a bit jiggly?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
The dough should be cooked but it's not going to be hard like a crust...more like a wet cake...if that makes sense.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The dough should be cooked but it's not going to be hard like a crust...more like a wet cake...if that makes sense.
Ok thats what is was a "wet" cake. Thank you. Oh and that brown you see ... it's not burned thats LOTS of cinnamon.

Thank you Keltin.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I haven't been cooking much lately, but i did dust off the camera last night and get a pic of my salad--romaine, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, cheese, red onion, croutons, chopped egg, and ranch dressing:

Salad.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I haven't been cooking much lately, but i did dust off the camera last night and get a pic of my salad--romaine, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, cheese, red onion, croutons, chopped egg, and ranch dressing:

Salad.jpg
WOW!! That looks awesome yummy!!