Dinner Saturday June 4, 2011

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DD from Orlando is home for a few days to visit and play with Alexa. Since all the kids are in town we decided to have a cookout today. I'm making a couple of slabs of ribs on the smoker, a new bake beans recipe I'm trying for the first time, redskin potato salad and corn on the cob. If I feel like it, I might also make a couple of baguettes or a half batch of dinner rolls to push the food around on the plates. DW is making chocolate cake cupcakes with mock whipped cream frosting and sprinkles for dessert. I'm also going to use the rest of the Ricotta cheese and make some more Cavatellis to put in the freezer.

How about you?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
noshed on some melon for a pre-dinner snack. so refreshing. 'goin to my usual places to see the food that they have to offer & if it's not to par i'll browse thru my own 'kitch when i return. wouldn't mind wings or pizza, a sammich- the food & the hours vary soooo

Phiddlechik

We are visiting son and his wife, and our new grandbaby in VA, he'll be grilling burgers/dogs/brats. Maybe some beans and potatoes to go with.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Dinner turned out pretty good. DS and his GF had to go to the GF's family for something, so without them here to join us, there's plenty left to have it again for dinner tomorrow for me and DW. The bones just fell out of the meat, so I pulled them all before finishing on the grill, and we had boneless ribs. I really think the lemon juice bath I give the ribs makes them more tender.

P1030680.jpg

P1030683.jpg

Last edited:

vyapti

I'm having friends over this weekend. I'm making Channa saag, kofta in yogurt sauce, a mushroom curry cabbage sabzi, and parathas.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
A friend gave us some beautiful redfish fillets. Right now, it's Tito's on ice with a lemon wedge...:whistling:

And then I'm thinking some blackened redfish. I've got a couple of ears of corn from the farmer's market but I don't really want it on the cob. I have a nectarine that I may saute for some jasmine rice, too.

We had a busy day at the restaurant it's not easy to motivate myself for Saturday night dinner any longer...

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I'm having friends over this weekend. I'm making Channa saag, kofta in yogurt sauce, a mushroom curry cabbage sabzi, and parathas.
That's the first post from you that I have no clue what any of that stuff is. Be sure to post pictures.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
We're having fried pork chops and asparagus with sauteed fresh mushrooms. My wife whipped up a nice strawberry rhubarb pie too and I think I'll have mine with some ice cream.

Attachments

• SDC13056.JPG
    SDC13056.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 145
  • SDC13057.jpg
    SDC13057.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 147

Mr. Green Jeans

I have 2 beer-butt chickens grilling, 4 - bean salad I made earlier and a watermelon on ice. We are packing it up and picnicing with friends who have a major construction project going on.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Sloppy Joe and a salad (red and green butter lettuce, sliced mushroom cap, vine tomato, sliced almonds, McCormick Perfect Pinch Salad Supreme and homemade buttermilk ranch dressing).

060411_sloppy_joe.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Dinner turned out pretty good. DS and his GF had to go to the GF's family for something, so without them here to join us, there's plenty left to have it again for dinner tomorrow for me and DW. The bones just fell out of the meat, so I pulled them all before finishing on the grill, and we had boneless ribs. I really think the lemon juice bath I give the ribs makes them more tender.

P1030680.jpg

P1030683.jpg

We're having fried pork chops and asparagus with sauteed fresh mushrooms. My wife whipped up a nice strawberry rhubarb pie too and I think I'll have mine with some ice cream.
OH LORD!! :blob_blue: I WANT some for all that!! Strawberry Rhubarb pie is one of may favs!! Homemade lemon meringue, cherry and apple are also on the list.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
OH LORD!! :blob_blue: I WANT some for all that!! Strawberry Rhubarb pie is one of may favs!! Homemade lemon meringue, cherry and apple are also on the list.

Hiya Peepsie. C'mon over. We have enough to go around.

Here's the plate - lousy picture but the food was terrific. We've been using Everglades seasoning an anything that looks like meat and tonight was no exception. The asparagus and mushrooms were picked yesterday and purchased at the farmers market this morning, as was the rhubarb in the pie.

Attachments

• SDC13058.JPG
    SDC13058.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 167

Nancy-MD

Sloppy peeps are a cookin'! LOL
Sloppy Peeps, that's a cute one Peep! LOL

P1030680.jpg

P1030683.jpg
Wonderful summertime meal Joe! I brush my ribs down with yellow mustard, then dry rub them and wrap them in plastic wrap overnight. It has the same tenderizing effect on the meat.
A friend gave us some beautiful redfish fillets. Right now, it's Tito's on ice with a lemon wedge...:whistling:

And then I'm thinking some blackened redfish. I've got a couple of ears of corn from the farmer's market but I don't really want it on the cob. I have a nectarine that I may saute for some jasmine rice, too.

We had a busy day at the restaurant it's not easy to motivate myself for Saturday night dinner any longer...
I can surely understand that. If I owned a restaurant I'd be cooking a little extra and taking a plate home for later.
Would you look at that pie! Oh my goodness!
Sloppy Joe and a salad (red and green butter lettuce, sliced mushroom cap, vine tomato, sliced almonds, McCormick Perfect Pinch Salad Supreme and homemade buttermilk ranch dressing).

060411_sloppy_joe.jpg
Yum, Peep!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we won some game, i can hear celabration thru-&-thru; i'm goin 4 another dinner! see if i can catch a glimpe of the stadium's that may be celebrating,; the locals shold know~ you rock on, my dear beloved picksburgh!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Joe, how did you like your new beans recipe? Would you make it again? If so, please post it!

And, yeah, vyapti .... what? LOL! Could you please post what you made tonight?

Everyone's dinners looked great!

Lee

Sort of a Greek veggie pizza - black olives, red onions, green bell peppers, feta, mushrooms, tomatoes & mozzarella. Mocha Almond Fudge ice cream for later.

K

Kimchee

Well done T-bone steak and charred baby asparagus spears, with an
excellent salad!
Ate at a friend of the wife's tonight.... the hubby grills but isn't a griller.
The salad.... including baby lettuce, blueberries, apple, feta cheese and a caesar type
dressing, was really good. Nothing I'd ever try myself, so it opened a new door in my
kitchen, so to speak.

(Steaks were 1/2 inch, had been on the grill for a good 4 minutes, he ran out of gas.
Went to get more, came back in 15 min or so, then did the steaks for another 5
minutes at least. I'd have been happy to eat when the gas gave out.... ) ;)

Embryodad

Everyone's Meals sound and or look so delicious!!

Had a few crackers and meatballs (fried) for lunch....Was outside digging holes for planting two trees...

Mommy came home with a great coconut custard pie and had a slice of that for supper starters.
The Mrs. had chilli sauce, and macaroni salad for supper....
I had some fried potatoes / onions / mushrooms / and hot dog slices with hot peppers in oil / and then topped with grated cheese..lidded and waited for the cheese to melt in a little. Had that on split top hot dog buns (rolls).

Time for sleepy time, and before I jump in the crib, I could go a PB&J on light toast, with a glass of Chocolate Ovaltine / Milk /, and a dash of heavy cream over crushed ice. 4,000 ml / dl of fat; all ready to stick to my bones.