TGIFriday, 6/3/2011, Whats on the menu today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
The plan is London broil, taters and broccoli.

Any plans?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
No clue. We're going to be putting down a bamboo floor today in the bedroom so it will be something simple. We have some rotisserie chicken leftover so probably that on top of a salad. Maybe a baked potato to go with it.

K

Kimchee

Standard comfort food fare, one of our regular favs:
hamburger patties with many mushroom gravy, mashed taters and a salad.

Embryodad

OOooo! Pasta e Picelli ....
Havn't had that is ages.

I could go for that now! ... Gram used to giggle how the peas would be hidden inside the macaroni's which were usually shells.
When I was a little boy...well shall I say Young, but Not That Little, "She would sing a song to me about how the peas were hiding from me, and she would make me find them and eat them so they wouldn't hide any more!" LOL...she was just getting me to eat peas.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ditalini with peas & basil.

OOooo! Pasta e Picelli ....
Havn't had that is ages.

I could go for that now! ... Gram used to giggle how the peas would be hidden inside the macaroni's which were usually shells.
When I was a little boy...well shall I say Young, but Not That Little, "She would sing a song to me about how the peas were hiding from me, and she would make me find them and eat them so they wouldn't hide any more!" LOL...she was just getting me to eat peas.
Sounds good. I have peas and fresh basil. Care to share the recipe?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Did someone say pasta??????? I bought a new toy today and made Ricotta whole wheat Cavatellis with my sauce and homemade meatballs. Delicious!

P1030677.jpg

The "toy" makes short order of a pile of these babies. I can hardly wait to make some more with different dough variations.

P1030675.jpg

Nancy-MD

Everyone's meals sound so delicious today!

Did someone say pasta??????? I bought a new toy today and made Ricotta whole wheat Cavatellis with my sauce and homemade meatballs. Delicious!

P1030677.jpg

The "toy" makes short order of a pile of these babies. I can hardly wait to make some more with different dough variations.

P1030675.jpg
Oh Joe you just killed me with that picture. That looks amazing. Love the shape of the pasta too.

Nancy-MD

I bought some fresh catfish today and decided to grill it. I simply and generously seasoned it with Old Bay and stuck it on the grill, then it got a good drizzle of lemon butter. I also made hush puppies and coleslaw, but forgot to put the coleslaw on my plate. We also had a little cottage cheese.
Looks at the crazy hush puppy, it looks like a dinosaur. Hahaha!

Attachments

• grilled catfish and hush puppies 002.jpg
    grilled catfish and hush puppies 002.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 320

Embryodad

P1030677.jpg

P1030675.jpg
JoeV... Bella Joba!... that machine is great.

Where the heck do they sell them? ... The family loves Cavatill's but I am so tired after cutting and rolling out like a three hundred of them\, and there is never enough!

We always called them "StrangolaPreti" ( Strangle or Choke the Priest in Italian,)

Ha Ha ha...Mom used to holler at me and bro if we didn't dring in between forkfulls of the cavatelli. She had it stuck in her head...the story of the Italian Priest that ate so many cavatelli, and they blew up (swelled ) in his stomack, and he got sick and died!
OMG what a story that was!. My Grandma the same story; so it might have been true??

My mom made them light, and my Grandma and aunts all made them like lead bullets, and especially aunt Angie, she made them Big. I love them when they are big and doughy! Ha Ha Ha ... I like when they are sticky and make a snap when you bite them. Ummmmmm!!!
She made

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

P1030677.jpg

P1030675.jpg

OH JOE!! What , where, make, model. I WANT ONE!! Oh BTW YUMMY!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
“Potted” London broil (London broil seasoned with Garlic powder, Onion powder, Goya Adobo Seasoning, Accent, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, Cayenne, Hungarian Hot Paprika and pan seared on both sides. Meat removed from pan. Seasoned sliced mushroom caps and onions sautéed in butter till soft. One can of cream of mushroom soup added to pan, ¼ soup can of burgundy wine, ¾ soup can of milk and ½ soup can of water added and stir well to combine and loosen brown bits from pan. Meat added and simmered partially covered 1.5 hours or till tender), mashed red skin potatoes with skins on (ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, butter, sour cream and buttermilk), pan gravy, steamed fresh broccoli and steamed fresh corn removed from cob.

060311_potted_london_broil.jpg

Embryodad

“Potted” London broil (London broil seasoned with Garlic powder, Onion powder, Goya Adobo Seasoning, Accent, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, Cayenne, Hungarian Hot Paprika and pan seared on both sides. Meat removed from pan. Seasoned sliced mushroom caps and onions sautéed in butter till soft. One can of cream of mushroom soup added to pan, ¼ soup can of burgundy wine, ¾ soup can of milk and ½ soup can of water added and stir well to combine and loosen brown bits from pan. Meat added and simmered partially covered 1.5 hours or till tender), mashed red skin potatoes with skins on (ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, butter, sour cream and buttermilk), pan gravy, steamed fresh broccoli and steamed fresh corn removed from cob.

060311_potted_london_broil.jpg
Peep...you are using your food to tease!!!.... "It's not nice to tease Uncle jimmy" with food!
I'm gonna have to get Mommy Nature and see what she says!!

That's the way I like the broil...Oh My..it must be nice and tender? Right?

Those glazed outers on the slices make it really enticing..

If it were a toss-up between macaroni's and sausage / and that meal...The meal would definetely win. OOoooooo! And the black pepper...My Way!!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peep...you are using your food to tease!!!.... "It's not nice to tease Uncle jimmy" with food!
I'm gonna have to get Mommy Nature and see what she says!!

That's the way I like the broil...Oh My..it must be nice and tender? Right?

Those glazed outers on the slices make it really enticing..

If it were a toss-up between macaroni's and sausage / and that meal...The meal would definetely win. OOoooooo! And the black pepper...My Way!!!
Thank you Jimmy!!

BUT I would like a plate of Joe's cavetelli and meatballs! LOL

Embryodad

Mommy is away, and she will be back tomorrow. ( Oh! Boy!)

She bought me a Arby roasted ham and swiss for lunch so I could have it today, but I saved it for supper instead. I had a nice one of my home made dlei half sour pickles with it. A small beer ice cold at 35º temperature. Not at the standard beer serving temperature of 40º...but It went well with that Sammie.

I was too busy with the deck and the yard...I have no time to cook.

I did just now make a banana cake. Gosh the kitchen smells so good, and I had the exhaust hood on too. I can't wait to dig into it. Oooops! I forgot to take out the butter so it's nice to spread. Umm! Maybe some cream cheese softened.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
OH JOE!! What , where, make, model. I WANT ONE!! Oh BTW YUMMY!!
I bought my machine at the local Italian grocery store, Alesci's, for $39 +tax. It's the Cucina 530 with wooden rollers, and they are available online at dozens of vendors. Here's a site listing a bunch of vendors and many different price points... http://www.thefind.com/appliances/info-cavatelli-maker

I would call around if you have an Italian grocery/importer to see if they have one before buying online. The shipping costs are all over the board, and my local sales tax was just $2.40...a lot cheaper than $15 +/- shipping costs.

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy!!

BUT I would like a plate of Joe's cavetelli and meatballs! LOL
Oh! Yes...mee too..if I was London Broiled as much as you are. LOL LOL
Peep, I / we used to have steaks and London Broil / and pork and veal..almost every night. I was usually the cook because T was always working singing meat 6 day's a week, and sometimes late evenings. Real PITA job, but Hey! It brought home the bacon, and with her job...that was literally the case!

Its a beautiful thing, and I miss those steaks. She cannot eat meat like steak and I refrain from cooking it for myself because she will watch me eat, and it makes me feel so badly that she can't have it. When she is away...I crank up the grill and do up a steak for myself.

Now you got me thinking about JoeV's Cavateeeel's!!! LOL...
Did you Goog to see where they have them machines??? I saw one in Italy! Only thing is if it malfunctions...how are they gonna honor a warranty.

Embryodad

Oh! Geepers...I was writing, and Joe V was posting...

Thanks JoeV..... I like the wooden roller Idea...

Peep...let me know if you find one in the NJ state. The Italian Importing store in Netcong was the closest, but they are gone now! .... Maybe T can get it in PA.
She loves gnocci and cavatelli's.....

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
8938400062.jpg
Cucina Pro Cavatelli Pasta Maker

MfrStyle: 530
SKU: 8938400062
PRICE: $39.99​

description.gif

Our easy to use Cavatelli Maker will let you make traditional Italian pasta sea shells, and large or small gnocchi in the comfort of your own home. Original design, easy directions and recipes included.
  • Makes traditional Italian pasta sea shells
  • Makes large or small gnocchi
  • Original design
  • Recipes included
  • Easy to use
  • Product Dimensions:5.2 x 4 x 9.5 inches
Chef Central
http://www.chefcentral.com/product1.aspx?Product_ID=11873
Paramus, NJ
Address: Paramus Towne Square 240 Route 17 North
Paramus, NJ 07652 (between Century Road & Midland Avenue, next to buybuyBaby)
Store Phone: (201) 576-0100
Corporate Office: (201) 576-0178
Regular Store Hours: Mon – Sat 9:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. Closed Sunday
See our calendar page
for extended holiday hours.

Directions to Paramus Location:
From New York City : George Washington Bridge to Route 4 West.Follow Route 4 to Route 17 North (approx 10 miles).Travel North on 17 for 1/2 mile, Chef Central is located on the right, between the Century Road and Midland Avenue exits, next to buybuyBaby.
From Southern New Jersey : Garden State Parkway North to exit 161 for Route 4 East.Exit Route 4 East and follow to Route 17 North, just past the Garden State Plaza.Travel North on 17 for 1/2 mile, Chef Central is located on the right, between the Century Road and Midland Avenue exits,
next to buybuyBaby.
From Northern New Jersey : Garden State Parkway South to exit 163 for Route 17 South.Follow 17 South to Century Road exit and make U-Turn on to Route 17 North.Travel North on 17 for 1/2 mile, Chef Central is located on the right, between the Century Road and Midland Avenue exits,
next to buybuyBaby.

Embryodad

8938400062.jpg
Cucina Pro Cavatelli Pasta Maker

MfrStyle: 530
SKU: 8938400062
PRICE: $39.99​

description.gif

Our easy to use Cavatelli Maker will let you make traditional Italian pasta sea shells, and large or small gnocchi in the comfort of your own home. Original design, easy directions and recipes included.
  • Makes traditional Italian pasta sea shells
  • Makes large or small gnocchi
  • Original design
  • Recipes included
  • Easy to use
  • Product Dimensions:5.2 x 4 x 9.5 inches
Chef Central
http://www.chefcentral.com/product1.aspx?Product_ID=11873
Paramus, NJ
Address: Paramus Towne Square 240 Route 17 North
Paramus, NJ 07652 (between Century Road & Midland Avenue, next to buybuyBaby)
Store Phone: (201) 576-0100
Corporate Office: (201) 576-0178
Regular Store Hours: Mon – Sat 9:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. Closed Sunday
See our calendar page
for extended holiday hours.

Directions to Paramus Location:
From New York City : George Washington Bridge to Route 4 West.Follow Route 4 to Route 17 North (approx 10 miles).Travel North on 17 for 1/2 mile, Chef Central is located on the right, between the Century Road and Midland Avenue exits, next to buybuyBaby.
From Southern New Jersey : Garden State Parkway North to exit 161 for Route 4 East.Exit Route 4 East and follow to Route 17 North, just past the Garden State Plaza.Travel North on 17 for 1/2 mile, Chef Central is located on the right, between the Century Road and Midland Avenue exits,
next to buybuyBaby.
From Northern New Jersey : Garden State Parkway South to exit 163 for Route 17 South.Follow 17 South to Century Road exit and make U-Turn on to Route 17 North.Travel North on 17 for 1/2 mile, Chef Central is located on the right, between the Century Road and Midland Avenue exits,
next to buybuyBaby.
Good research Peep...

Amazon has it for 44.95... No Tax..Free shipping...

I figured the tax on top the 39.99 + Gasoline for T to drive there = around 7.00
I would have to go with Amazon..