Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Diner breakfast -

Eggs Benedict for the Warden.....

019-1.jpg

A slab of Quiche for me..............

020.jpg

Stuffed Shells for Dinner; Film at eleven !

Embryodad

Diner breakfast -

Eggs Benedict for the Warden.....

019-1.jpg

A slab of Quiche for me..............

020.jpg

Stuffed Shells for Dinner; Film at eleven !
It all looks so good L T ....

That Quiche....Looks so nice and browned. Great Looking everything!

What's playin at the movies at 11 ? ... Anything Good?

Embryodad

I'm now making a small amount of DW's favorite....Potato Salad!

Hamburgers / Cheeseburgers Grilled .... and Broccoli. Only because it fell out of the freezer when I went to get the burger meat!

DW bought a coconut cake at the church bake sale this morning! That's dessert!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Very tasty looking, LT. One of my favorite breakfasts. Being a real man I won't eat quiche, but I'll damn sure have a big old slice of egg pie with my breakfast meats.:yum:

I made some double smoked bacon that I got a local Slovenian meat market, then cooked my eggs in the bacon grease. OMG, it don't get any better that that for flavor. I only do this once or twice a year, for the obvious reasons. LOL

546720_413123228702347_100000140213336_1747772_1906475471_n.jpg

Dinner will be at our daughter's home where I will teach her and her hubby to make Chicken Cacciatore. Not sure if we will have it over rice or pasta. I'll let them decide what they want. DW already made a mega salad, and I have cinnamon rolls left over from yesterday for dessert. Just pulled the baguettes from the oven. Gotta have fresh bread with the cacciatore.

529761_413119422036061_100000140213336_1747763_863422616_n.jpg

Embryodad

Very tasty looking, LT. One of my favorite breakfasts. Being a real man I won't eat quiche, but I'll damn sure have a big old slice of egg pie with my breakfast meats.:yum:

I made some double smoked bacon that I got a local Slovenian meat market, then cooked my eggs in the bacon grease. OMG, it don't get any better that that for flavor. I only do this once or twice a year, for the obvious reasons. LOL

546720_413123228702347_100000140213336_1747772_1906475471_n.jpg

Dinner will be at our daughter's home where I will teach her and her hubby to make Chicken Cacciatore. Not sure if we will have it over rice or pasta. I'll let them decide what they want. DW already made a mega salad, and I have cinnamon rolls left over from yesterday for dessert. Just pulled the baguettes from the oven. Gotta have fresh bread with the cacciatore.

529761_413119422036061_100000140213336_1747763_863422616_n.jpg
Wow! Joe!....
Everything is so great looking!...
The breads are awesome!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Everything looks wonderful LT and Joe!!

This is this the dinner thread?

If so I have meatloaf, spinach, mashed taters and gravy planned. One of my fav meals.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Everything looks wonderful LT and Joe!!

This is this the dinner thread?

If so I have meatloaf, spinach, mashed taters and gravy planned. One of my fav meals.

Really, it's the breakfast/dinner thread, and whatever else folks care to throw in. There are so few posters here anymore, that the filler posts help out.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hey Joe if I promise to be very nice will you send me a baguette? LOL They look so good!

Embryodad

Just a run of the mill Cheeseburgers / potato salad I made today..brocolli cooked soft for DW.

A nice Coconut Cake DW bought at the church bake sale this morning.....

105c4467.jpg

Now this burger Looks Huge...NOT!!!

The buns are so small and thin today..it's horrible...
06d74bdf.jpg

3ce79ec4.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That's a good idea peep! ... I would imagine they would cook faster too!!
I will probably have a couple slices for breakfast and/or lunch cold with only salt no bread. LOL

They were cooked in 45 minutes at 425F. I didn't notice the weight on the meat but I would guess it was around 3 lbs. So they were probably just over 1.5 lbs each.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Oh my....everything looks soooo good. We're still working on home improvement/repair projects so the cooking was done by Popeye's tonight. I'll be so glad when it's all done.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Mama. YUMMMY Popeyes crispy wings, beans and rice, biscuits and cinnamon apple pie!!

Jimmy pass me a slice of cake and a glass of milk.

Leni

This is what I'm making for dinner tonight. It's posted on another forum. This lady is a very good cook.

IMG_0442.jpg
]

Split Pea Soup With Ham
(Serves 6)

1 pound dried green split peas
8 cups chicken stock (preferably low sodium)
2 cups water
1 meaty ham bone or 2 smoked ham hocks (See *Note below)
2 ribs celery, leaves included, diced
3 T. chopped fresh Italian parsley
1/2 tsp. crumbled dried tarragon leaves (optional)
3-4 T. butter
1 cup diced peeled carrots
1 cup diced onion
1 leek (white part only), rinsed and sliced
1 cup slivered fresh spinach leaves (optional)
2 T. dry sherry (optional)
1/2 tsp. pepper

Rinse peas in a strainer and then combine them with the stock and water in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil.

Add the ham bone, celery, 1 T. of parsley and tarragon. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour.

Melt butter in saucepan over medium-low heat. Add carrots, onion and leek. Cook until veggies are wilted, about 10 minutes. Add them to the soup pot, along with the spinach. Simmer, partially covered, about 1 hour.

Remove soup from heat. Remove ham bone and shred meat from bone, removing any excess fat. Return meat to the soup.

Add sherry, pepper, and remaining 2 T. parsley. Taste for seasoning; salt is usually not needed due to the salt in the ham. Heat through and serve immediately.

Embryodad

I will probably have a couple slices for breakfast and/or lunch cold with only salt no bread. LOL

They were cooked in 45 minutes at 425F. I didn't notice the weight on the meat but I would guess it was around 3 lbs. So they were probably just over 1.5 lbs each.

Wow! 475º... ?? I'll have to try that next time. Tina and I are stuck on the 350º for meatloaf. Surely looks done, and solid and not falling apart!!

Oh my....everything looks soooo good. We're still working on home improvement/repair projects so the cooking was done by Popeye's tonight. I'll be so glad when it's all done.

We don't have a popeye's by us Mama! Only that KFC.

Thank you Mama. YUMMMY Popeyes crispy wings, beans and rice, biscuits and cinnamon apple pie!!

Jimmy pass me a slice of cake and a glass of milk.

peep...stop!!...yer mayxin me hungsgry..yuck yuck tuck yuck yuck!
I eeets mee spinach. On top of pizza! L O L

This is what I'm making for dinner tonight. It's posted on another forum. This lady is a very good cook.
Split Pea Soup With Ham
:agree:

Leni... that sounds and looks great!.. Love the ham in pieces like that!
I love celery in pea soup like that too!

Leni

She posted it just a few days ago. This is the first time making it so I'll let you know how it comes out. I'm planning on serving a good rye or soughdough bread with it. Lots of butter on the bread of course.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Well, DS wanted to do the cooking, so I was just a "consultant" to the kitchen crew. IMHO, he and his sister did a darn good job with the chicken cacciatore over brown rice. The hit was watching the granddaughter chow down on grandpa's baguettes.

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter

IMG_0442.jpg
]

Split Pea Soup With Ham
(Serves 6)

1 pound dried green split peas
8 cups chicken stock (preferably low sodium)
2 cups water
1 meaty ham bone or 2 smoked ham hocks (See *Note below)
2 ribs celery, leaves included, diced
3 T. chopped fresh Italian parsley
1/2 tsp. crumbled dried tarragon leaves (optional)
3-4 T. butter
1 cup diced peeled carrots
1 cup diced onion
1 leek (white part only), rinsed and sliced
1 cup slivered fresh spinach leaves (optional)
2 T. dry sherry (optional)
1/2 tsp. pepper

Rinse peas in a strainer and then combine them with the stock and water in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil.

Add the ham bone, celery, 1 T. of parsley and tarragon. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour.

Melt butter in saucepan over medium-low heat. Add carrots, onion and leek. Cook until veggies are wilted, about 10 minutes. Add them to the soup pot, along with the spinach. Simmer, partially covered, about 1 hour.

Remove soup from heat. Remove ham bone and shred meat from bone, removing any excess fat. Return meat to the soup.

Add sherry, pepper, and remaining 2 T. parsley. Taste for seasoning; salt is usually not needed due to the salt in the ham. Heat through and serve immediately.

Looks yummy!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Well, DS wanted to do the cooking, so I was just a "consultant" to the kitchen crew. IMHO, he and his sister did a darn good job with the chicken cacciatore over brown rice. The hit was watching the granddaughter chow down on grandpa's baguettes.

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

Beautiful!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Just a run of the mill Cheeseburgers / potato salad I made today..brocolli cooked soft for DW.

A nice Coconut Cake DW bought at the church bake sale this morning.....

105c4467.jpg

Now this burger Looks Huge...NOT!!!

The buns are so small and thin today..it's horrible...
06d74bdf.jpg

3ce79ec4.jpg

WOW! Looks just super.

Embryodad

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg
Looks good Joe!...

Aww... The baby is eatin papa's bread! God Bless Her! How Cute!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Wow! 475º... ?? I'll have to try that next time. Tina and I are stuck on the 350º for meatloaf. Surely looks done, and solid and not falling apart!!
WHOA Jimmy. Thats 425F not 475F

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg
YUMMY Joe. That little girl is such a sweetie!!

Well, even though it's a duplicate of last week, we had outdoor-grilled turkey burgers again since it was such a nice evening. As a twist, used Shady Brook Farms's "Italian Seasoned" ground turkey meat, so it was sort of like "turkey sausage burgers", but still good. All the usual trimmings.

Leni

I put just a little too much ham into the soup. Although I did not add salt it did come out a little salty because of that. Other than that it was good. DH though that it was a little too thick but that is easily taken care of with the addition of a little more water or broth.