Dinner Wednesday 3/31/2010

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What's it going to be.
Not sure what we are having yet, but I'm hungry so I'm thinking about it. :D

It's so nice here today, upper 70's and sun shining. To nice to stay in the kitchen real long. So I suspect it will be something simple. I'll post the outcome later.

What are you having?

K

Kimchee

Tonight is my Thai night. A nice piece of salmon, marinated in Thai seasonings, then grilled and sliced. Will be served over noodles, with peppers, snow peas, mushrooms and green onions.
Gonna make some Thai seasoned asparagus too.
And just to confuse things, got some egg rolls.. they are from the frozen lands of Kroger, LOL!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
All I know so far is cornish game hens. I usually check with the boss for side ideas.

A quick version of Manti (an armenian/turkish dish). Meat-filled ravioli topped w/ melted butter & paprika, then topped w/ yogurt/garlic sauce. Green salad w/ black olives, tomatoes, red onions.

Just to give you a general idea of what Manti is/looks like:

700pxmantc4b1.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manti_(dumpling)

Last edited:

suziquzie

Grillin some burgers and potato packets..... and a salad. Beautiful day here too! Oh and I made kaiser rolls this morning to put 'em on.

Newnork1978

I really think I should plan dinner better, tonight, than I did last night. Though the tacos were delicious (and DH loved his burritos), my blood glucose scores reflected the "cheat", which ruins the pleasure I get from eating the occasional "risky" foods. :whistling:

Gonna make up for it, tonight, with something that doesn't deviate from my diet...just don't know what I'll be making...yet. :wink::chef:

Newnork1978

Going to do some pork chops in a pan, steam up some broccoli, cauliflower & squash and make a nice & hearty mixed-green salad with tomato, bell pepper, cucumber and shredded colby jack cheese. My nutritionist would be proud of me. Heh! :chef:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I ended up mowing 1/2 the yard for the first time this year. I normally mow 4 acres but the 1/2 the dog has fertilized grows faster than the other half further from the house. So we ended up each on our own tonight. Find what you want as leftovers, sandwiches or whatever. I went for cereal. Tonight I had Wheaties. :hide: :D

Lefty

Yank
I will shamefully admit to ordering pizza. It has been a long WET week and I am just not in the mood to do any cooking.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Broccoli Cheese Soup and No Knead Bread. I had some over -ripe bananas that needed to either be put in the freezer or used so I decided to break out the ice cream maker and make some banana ice cream later. The custard is in the fidge getting cold. I might even mix in some peanut butter and chocolate chips...I haven't decided yet :w00t2:

Attachments

• broccolicheesesoup.jpg
    broccolicheesesoup.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 80
  • nokneadbread.jpg
    nokneadbread.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 83

Deelady

I made African Stew with beef and chicken over spaghetti noodles (I usually like it over rice but the little one wanted noodles...)

Attachments

• Maya Homecoming 427.jpg
    Maya Homecoming 427.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 82

GotGarlic

I had dinner out with friends at a local saloon that has a Wednesday night special of a pound of steamed shrimp for $9.95. I had a side salad, too, and one friend ordered the homemade potato chips to share. Yummy. It was nice enough that we sat outside, and today will be even nicer!

High Cheese

Saucier
I used juniper berries for the first time with great success! It was a flavor-packed dinner for sure: pork tenderloin with juniper & fennel sauce, balsamic glazed asparagus with garlic and a tomato and cucumber "salad" with olive oil and oregano dressing.