1/2” diameter handful of dry Spaghetti
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1.5 Tbsp Butter
1.5 Tsp Minced Garlic
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Cilantro (minced)
1.5 TBSP grated Parmesan Cheese

Procedure

Cook the spaghetti to Al Dente. Drain (do not rinse) and set aside in a covered bowl to keep warm.

In a sauce pan, add oil and butter and cook till melted and blended, about 2 minutes.

Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.

Add Cilantro and Italian Seasoning and cook 1 minute more.

Add Parmesan cheese and stir till melted, then remove from heat.

Add warm spaghetti noodles and toss vigorously until well coated. Serve immediately.

Notes

Simplistic, but oh so good. The recipe and pics may not convey it, but the taste and texture of this dish is simply outstanding. Use this as-is for a side dish, or as a base to another component (pork, shrimp, or scallops for example). Adding re-hydrated sun dried tomatoes or steamed broccoli would be nice, as would fresh tomatoes that have been lightly sautéed in butter. I don’t think this would take well to a heavy sauce, but pan drippings or melted butter might be nice.

Attachments

• bn1.jpg
    bn1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 450
  • bn2.jpg
    bn2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 418

buckytom

Grill Master
i love pasta aglio e olio.

that's an interesting touch you use with the cilantro, k. i'll have to try it as i love cilantro. i usually just use parsley, or fresh basil if available. thanks for the idea.

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Simple. Delish. All it's missing is some crusty bread!. . .oh, and add crushed red pepper for me!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
i love pasta aglio e olio.

that's an interesting touch you use with the cilantro, k. i'll have to try it as i love cilantro. i usually just use parsley, or fresh basil if available. thanks for the idea.

Wow, I googled. There’s actually a real and professional sounding name for this dish. Thanks BT, I had no idea.

Honestly, I was just trying to emulate my favorite boxed Rice-A-Roni “Garlic & Olive Oil Vermicelli”.

<[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Pasta-Roni-Garlic-Vermicelli-4-6-Ounce/dp/B000YPKRW2"]check this link[/ame]>

Yeah, we eat the boxed stuff on occasion, and that one is a fav of mine. :hide:

But, I actually like my new recipe for this a bit better. I think I’ll try Angel Hair pasta next time. And the Cilantro adds a new dimension of flavor that I find appealing. Give it a try!

buckytom

Grill Master
ooh, i haven't had rice-a-roni in such a long time. too much salt for my ticker.

yours sounds better and healthier in any case.

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Wow, I googled. There’s actually a real and professional sounding name for this dish. Thanks BT, I had no idea.

[/FONT]

With a pinch of oregano, and a quick splash of white wine, finish with a lil butter, makes a wonderful base for white clams linguini.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I used a tsp of McCormick Italian Seasoning….bottled dried stuff. :hide:

It has: Marjoram, Thyme, Rosemary, Savory, Sage, Oregano, And Basil.

So I think I went a little south of the traditional recipe with so many extra herbs (but in small quantities), as well as by adding Cilantro.

I really like it as is, but now that I now there is a traditional dish for this, I’ll try it again. Although, the Wiki says that crushed Red Pepper goes in this, and DW wouldn’t stand for that, so I don’t think I’ll ever get too traditional with it. :lol:

Thanks for all the pointers! I’ve got so many directions to take this now! :clap:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
This looks and sounds fantastic Keltin!!

OK NOW I have a craving!! I have several pastas (assorted shapes of mini macaroni, wide egg noodles, angelhair, spinach tagliatelle and garlic & basil linguine) to choose from, fresh garlic, fresh basil, fresh oregano, fresh parsley, butter, EVOO, McCormick Italian seasoning and a chunk each of romano and parmesan cheeses in the house. We don't like cilantro so I never have that.

Beautiful dish & pic, Keltin! Bet the addition of butter with the oil makes the dish extra special, rich, & glisteny. One of my go-to easy pasta dishes is oil & garlic w/ fresh parsley (Italian flat-leaf) & sauteed sliced mushrooms.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Delicious Keltin.
As noted, I'd probably add some chopped roma tomatoes.
That is, after I tried it a first time without.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
That looks delicious, Keltin. I especially like the addition of cilantro. Love it. I need some parmesan cheese, so will get some next time I am at the store and try this. It would also be a perfect side dish for any kind of roasted meat or chicken.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I feel like diving into that bowl head-first, at the moment!

YUMMMM!

Lee