How about them burgers?

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Last night I "Ground my own" to make burgers. Every time I do this, I get a better burger. How many of you grind your own meat?

Do you add seasonings? What kinds?

What kinds of meat or meats do you use?

I used a 2# chuck roast. It looked well marbled. It tasted great.

It is rumored that Henry Ford ate a hamburger for lunch every day. Lee Iacocca writes in his book that he asked the corporate chef hew he made Mr. Ford's burger and why it was so good. The chef obliged by telling Lee that he gorund up a filet minion.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I like to grind my own chuck in a food processor. For burgers, I like to season it with a little Montreal Steak Seasoning or sometimes just some salt and pepper right before I cook it.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, Andy - this is eligible for the Beef Spotlight this week!

Did you take pictures?

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have never ground my own meat for burgers. I like 85/15 ground meat for burgers because I just think they need the fat :mrgreen:. I usually just do them pretty plain with some Montreal Steak Seasoning, but I have mixed in some A-l and worcestershire at times, just depends on the mood.

I haven't ground my own, but have wanted to add brisket to the mix, i.e.:

Blue Label Burger:

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2009/10/the-blue-label-burger-blend-recipe.html

Here's a good read:

Mastering the Art of Burger Blending:

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives...ger-blend-profiles-of-eight-cuts-of-beef.html

(Let's remember to wear our Cheeseburger Sneakers. LOL)

20110830-cheeseburger-shoes.jpg

Johnny West

Last night I "Ground my own" to make burgers. Every time I do this, I get a better burger. How many of you grind your own meat?

Do you add seasonings? What kinds?

What kinds of meat or meats do you use?

I used a 2# chuck roast. It looked well marbled. It tasted great.

It is rumored that Henry Ford ate a hamburger for lunch every day. Lee Iacocca writes in his book that he asked the corporate chef hew he made Mr. Ford's burger and why it was so good. The chef obliged by telling Lee that he gorund up a filet minion.
I may have to try that…