Help! ISO a cover for my electric receptacles

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
My cats keep smacking and playing with the electric plugs and knocking them completely or half way out. Which is causing problems with my TV, games, cable box etc. getting turned off or turned on and off like a disco ball. We are very worried about an electrical fire if we are out and a plug gets knocked half way out and may cause a fire. Either I get a cover or get rid of the cats. I'd like a cover.

I need something like what companies put over electric outlets or thermostats so people can't use outlets or adjust the temperature on a thermostat.
It looks something like this

outlet_cover.jpg

But when I search all I keep getting are switch plates or baby safety outlet protectors.

Please help.

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Toys R Us has the Safety 1st Plug and Outlet Cover cheaper than Home Depot, and you can get them in multi pks. Wal Mart also has them. Those would look a heck of a lot better than those outside covers. If they can keep an inquisitive toddler out, they should keep a cat out too.

My cat had this thing about opening the cabinet under the kitchen sink and getting into everything. I had to put one of those things on there that make the door hard to open...forgot the name of it, but I put it on myself. He wasn't happy, but I was :smile:.