Easy Bacon and Cheese Quiche

Johnny West

This is the basic recipe I used for quiche. Normally I use the Joy of Cooking recipe but thought I'd try something different. I wanted to emulate Saliha's recipe but decided I didn't want the zucchini, herbs, or parm. I was worried the zucchini would be too wet. I used 1/4 pound chanterelles, 1/4 pound smoked pork shoulder bacon (cottage bacon sometimes called Kansas City bacon), and 6 ounces of cubed Gruyere. I didn't use onions but will next time and also subbed 2% milk instead of cream or half and half. It's what I had.

I sautéed mushrooms and bacon in a small amount of salt free butter and added after placing the milk egg mixture in the the pie dish.

I didn't think the chanterelles added anything and next time will use shitaki's that have more mushroom flavour.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24474/easy-bacon-and-cheese-quiche/

Easy Bacon and Cheese Quiche

Prep 10 m
Cook 50 m
Ready In 1 h

Recipe By-: Dawn Robyn
"This is an easy, delicious quiche that will take no time to prepare and your friends will ask for the recipe! I have made this for numerous office gatherings and everyone raves about it!"

Ingredients-:

1 (3 ounce) can bacon bits
1/2 cup chopped onion
5 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
3 ounces grated Parmesan cheese

1 (9 inch) deep dish frozen pie crust
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup half-and-half cream

Directions-:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, mix the bacon, onions, and both cheeses. Place this mixture in the unthawed pie crust. Mix the eggs and half and half in a bowl. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese mixture. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for an additional 35 minutes, until top of quiche begins to turn brown.

Attachments

• ########Quiche.JPG
    ########Quiche.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 137

Johnny West

You're welcome, Lee.

So many of these recipes are basic and one is not limited to their imagination as to the choice of ingredients to add to make it personal.

I have a bag of fresh spinach that's going into the next one in a few days.