Net Cooking Talk

Go Back   Net Cooking Talk > Cooking Talk Forums > Iron Chef Competitions Forum

Iron Chef Competitions Forum Fun with Iron Chef Competitions

Old 05-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Bottle Washer

WHITCHY is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: NCT COOK'S CHALLENGE VOLUME 2010

can't help you with the cars, maybe the a/c some part but i can definiety help you with your range part.. all i need is make and model number and i can tell you how much and how long.. we can do it over the phone or e-mail. as for a ground cow my instinks are telling me that it's something on the order of a ground rod stuck in the ground or a cold water pipe.
Let me know i can give you my -email or phone number... Good Luck!!!!
Old 05-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Master Chef

Keltin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NCT COOK'S CHALLENGE VOLUME 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbopeep View Post
so can someone please tell me what a ground cow is?
A cow with no legs. He doesn't have a name either.....cause no matter what you call him, he won't come to you.

Um....sorry. I take it to mean Ground Beef. What I typically call "Hamburger Meat".
Old 05-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Grill Master

buckytom is on a distinguished road

that's like a dog with no legs named cigarette.

every morning you take him out for a drag.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
that's like a dog with no legs named cigarette.

every morning you take him out for a drag.

I owe you karma for that!
Old 05-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Restaurant Chef

Thanked 1,068 Times in 690 Posts
lilbopeep will become famous soon enoughlilbopeep will become famous soon enough
Style: Gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltin View Post
A cow with no legs. He doesn't have a name either.....cause no matter what you call him, he won't come to you.

Um....sorry. I take it to mean Ground Beef. What I typically call "Hamburger Meat".
ok ok NOW i get it!! that makes perfect sense!! i was over thinking it (ground as in earth, soil, ground below your feet not ground as in "ground up") LOL WE call it chop meat

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it anyway.

Last edited by lilbopeep; 05-04-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Master Chef

Quote:
ok ok NOW i get it!! that makes perfect sense!! i was over thinking it (ground as in earth, soil, ground below your feet not ground as in "ground up") LOL WE call it chop meat
I think over in the UK they call it "mince"?

Miniman? Sass?
Old 05-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Master Chef

Thanked 4,599 Times in 2,343 Posts
Sass Muffin is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup, it's called mince over there.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Restaurant Chef

lilbopeep will become famous soon enoughlilbopeep will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I think over in the UK they call it "mince"?

Miniman? Sass?
ROTFLMAO!! with all the things going wrong you can't even imagine (hmmmmmmmm maybe you can LOL) the visuals going thru my head as i thought over the meaning of ground cow!! (no not gutter thoughts LOL)

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it anyway.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:53 AM
Master Chef

There was talk about a "Seasonal" category, but that is hard to do when it's random. Seasonal in December is slim pickings!

What about picking the first or last week of a month (each month) during Spring and Summer (maybe even Fall) to be a "Seasonal" challenge. Just go to the farmers market or your garden and cook what is growing right now?
Old 05-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Restaurant Chef

Quote:
There was talk about a "Seasonal" category, but that is hard to do when it's random. Seasonal in December is slim pickings!

What about picking the first or last week of a month (each month) during Spring and Summer (maybe even Fall) to be a "Seasonal" challenge. Just go to the farmers market or your garden and cook what is growing right now?
there are seasonal items for every month. someone posted a list or link of seasonal offerings, i just can't remember where it is posted

Old 05-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Restaurant Chef

I FOUND IT!! lefty posted it in the Handy kitchen references forum http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13155

here is the link to the seasonal ingredient map http://www.epicurious.com/articlesgu...lingredientmap

you can pick the month and state.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Master Chef

Quote:
I FOUND IT!! lefty posted it in the Handy kitchen references forum http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13155

here is the link to the seasonal ingredient map http://www.epicurious.com/articlesgu...lingredientmap

you can pick the month and state.
But will "seasonal" be a Cook Challenge when seasonal is in season?
Old 05-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Restaurant Chef

Quote:
But will "seasonal" be a Cook Challenge when seasonal is in season?
but EVERY MONTH is in season. just pick an item that is in season for your state and cook it. sort of like the secret ingrediet challenge we just had only use what is in season for your state. I think it would be great to have a seperate "seasonal" challenge every month, that way people can discover new seasonal ingredients, use them and also help local producers with much needed income. we should all support local farmers. i live in jersey and far to many of the small mom and pop farms have gone under because of the big chains and they can't compete. supporting local will give you the freshest and usually organic ingredients. ok sorry rant over.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Master Chef

Quote:
but EVERY MONTH is in season. just pick an item that is in season for your state and cook it.
I was thinking something more along the lines of being in tune with the Farmer's Market. Around here, the farmers are hibernating from October to March. Fresh produce starts to show in April. The Farmer's Market goes into full Swing in May......but it closes again at the end of August.

The only things in season in Alabama during the winter months is Collard greens and Turnips (according to that list). No one grows that here, so it is shipped in from who knows where. But from April to August, I can get fresh corn, beans, potatoes, and so much more.

Quote:
sort of like the secret ingrediet challenge we just had only use what is in season for your state. I think it would be great to have a seperate "seasonal" challenge every month,
That's what I'm talking about. I was suggesting that, for May through August, why not set aside the last week of each month for "Seasonal". No random number pick, just agree it is Seasonal something.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Restaurant Chef

Quote:
I was thinking something more along the lines of being in tune with the Farmer's Market. Around here, the farmers are hibernating from October to March. Fresh produce starts to show in April. The Farmer's Market goes into full Swing in May......but it closes again at the end of August.

The only things in season in Alabama during the winter months is Collard greens and Turnips (according to that list). No one grows that here, so it is shipped in from who knows where. But from April to August, I can get fresh corn, beans, potatoes, and so much more.

That's what I'm talking about. I was suggesting that, for May through August, why not set aside the last week of each month for "Seasonal". No random number pick, just agree it is Seasonal something.
OOPS sorry i missed that last week thing.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:31 PM
Restaurant Chef

how about:

fruit (any variety fresh or dried)
ground critter (any ground meat - land or air)