Breakfast/Brunch Bundles

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
1. Depending on how many Bundles you’ll be making, break out your standard-size 6 or 12 cup muffin tin(s). Coat each cup lightly with non-stick cooking spray.

2. Choose the bread of your preference. This can be any sandwich bread you have on hand, or any artisan bread that calls your name. Like it sweet? Try cinnamon-raisin bread. Like it savory? Use 12 grain. Whatever bread you would use as toast, you can use here. Cut off the crusts, flatten each slice using the heel of your hand and lots of pressure, or roll each slice flat using a rolling pin. Allow 1 flattened, crustless slice of bread per muffin cup.

3. Over low heat, begin melting butter and your binder of choice (i.e. corn syrup, maple syrup, molasses or sweet sorghum will do). Use 1/4 cup butter and 1/2 cup binder (syrup) per dozen eggs. Halve or double these measurements as needed (i.e. if only making 6 Bundles instead of 12, use 1/8 cup butter and 1/4 cup binder/syrup). Cook only until butter is melted; set aside.

4. Next, decide on your filling. You won’t need much: 1 broken slice of bacon (what I used here) or sliced link of sausage will do. Perhaps a few, small chunks of ham, or slices of smoked salmon. The same goes for veggies as well—whatever base you decide to use (as this layer will go underneath the egg), just make sure it’s cooked thoroughly prior to building your Bundles. Note - If using a combination of meat, seafood, veggie, and/or cheese, a little dab will do. Resist the urge to use too much, or create too thick a layer. You must leave room for the egg to top each Bundle.

5. To begin building the Bundles, brush 1 side only of each flattened piece of bread with the melted butter/binder (syrup) mixture. Press syrup side down into lightly greased muffin cups. Remember to allow 1 slice of bread per muffin cup/Bundle. If the bread overlaps itself inside the cups, that’s fine. If the bread tears, simply press it together and mend as you would a pastry dough.

6. Next, divide your pre-cooked meat, seafood, and/or vegetables into a thin, even layer for each Bundle you are building. Be sure to leave plenty of room to top with an egg. This layer of meat and/or veggie doesn’t have to be solid, about a tablespoon (slightly more or less) per cup will do.

7. Carefully break 1 egg into each cup and allow to spread naturally. Do not force the egg to spread or you’ll risk breaking the yolk. Take care when cracking each egg so as not to risk introducing bits of shell into your Bundles either. No one wants the extra crunch.

8. Lightly top each Bundle with your favorite seasoning(s), basic salt and pepper will do. Season according to range of ingredients used and/or end flavor desired.

9. Cover loosely with aluminum foil, creating a tented effect to prevent the foil from touching the eggs.

10. Bake at 400 degrees F for approximately 17-20 minutes, depending on the accuracy of your oven and desired degree of doneness. Baking for 17 minutes (or less) will yield a more soft-cooked egg, while cooking longer will yield hard-cooked egg results. Be sure to cook eggs completely (until yolk and white are firm) to avoid any potential for illness.

11. Garnish if desired and serve immediately, allowing 2+ Bundles per guest.

Attachments

• bacon-and-egg-bundles-in-maple-toast-on-blue-plate-111.jpg
    bacon-and-egg-bundles-in-maple-toast-on-blue-plate-111.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 135

lilylove

I want one!
I want one!!

We love breakfast for dinner around here!! This would be great for that!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Oh why will the boys not eat eggs - these would be wonderful as a special occasion breakfast.