Hey! Where did this forum come from?

chowhound

Could someone explain what this forum is all about to me please? I just noticed it.

I see Bam's recipes for making homemade meat products like sausage and jerkie, then I see Jeeks Italian hot dog recipe, an appetizer or snack recipe from Jim, a glazed ham recipe, those have nothing to do with making a homemade meat product, like grinding your own sausages or smoking your own bacon, whatnot... I am confused :huh:

Seriously, is this like a catch-all? Why is a recipe for glazed ham not under pork? I'm lost :sad:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Could someone explain what this forum is all about to me please? I just noticed it.

I see Bam's recipes for making homemade meat products like sausage and jerkie, then I see Jeeks Italian hot dog recipe, an appetizer or snack recipe from Jim, a glazed ham recipe, those have nothing to do with making a homemade meat product, like grinding your own sausages or smoking your own bacon, whatnot... I am confused :huh:

Seriously, is this like a catch-all? Why is a recipe for glazed ham not under pork? I'm lost :sad:

i think it just got placed in the wrong spot... mods will move it..hang on a sec i will report the posts..lol

chowhound

i think it just got placed in the wrong spot... mods will move it..hang on a sec i will report the posts..lol

"It" got placed in the wrong spot? Who's organizizing this shit? :lol:
This is exactly why I said way back when that sometimes simpler is better.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
The funny thing is we actually did think this was easier... LOL! It will start to sort itself out, just some stuff to move around here and there....

Oh.... and since this is a discussion.... well..... er.... ya know... :)

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Well there are two things that slow down re-organizations. One is we have to leave temporary re-directs on em or it messes with the bots which are used in searches. The other is something we are always having to do, which is move posts that were accidentally put in the wrong spot.
I can say that in the last couple of weeks alone the number of moves has dropped off considerably, which means more recipes are getting posted in the right spot the first time around. Which is a good thing!

And it is temporary, now that things are mostly built up good, we can let it all drop off and just let the site build itself up!

chowhound

Well there are two things that slow down re-organizations. One is we have to leave temporary re-directs on em or it messes with the bots which are used in searches. The other is something we are always having to do, which is move posts that were accidentally put in the wrong spot.
I can say that in the last couple of weeks alone the number of moves has dropped off considerably, which means more recipes are getting posted in the right spot the first time around. Which is a good thing!

And it is temporary, now that things are mostly built up good, we can let it all drop off and just let the site build itself up!

Hey! You're up early. Mornin'.

Having to always move posts is exactly my point. When a new forum is developed it should be organized correctly so that people can see exactly what is supposed to be posted in it. Like this forum. It says homemade meat products, but some recipes clearly don't belong here. Well at least in my opinion. Shouldn't a glazed ham recipe be under pork? That recipe wasn't posted here. It was placed here.
And that's why I wondered if this was a catch-all forum.

chowhound

oops. I just noticed my thread was moved.
When I said "this forum", I am referring to the homemade meats forum where I origianlly posted, not the forum problems forum.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Having to always move posts is exactly my point. When a new forum is developed it should be organized correctly so that people can see exactly what is supposed to be posted in it. Like this forum. It says homemade meat products, but some recipes clearly don't belong here. Well at least in my opinion. Shouldn't a glazed ham recipe be under pork? That recipe wasn't posted here. It was placed here.

Easier said than done. A lot of thought went into the organization before you guys arrived here. In the past month we have been tweaking that organization where we see fit. This will be an ongoing process that might never end. We are in the let the dust settle mode at the moment, most are in place as I want them. But if / when I get a good suggestion I might tweak this or that depending.
If you have suggestions on the organization feel free to let your thoughts be known. :D

oops. I just noticed my thread was moved.
When I said "this forum", I am referring to the homemade meats forum where I origianlly posted, not the forum problems forum.

An issue like this should be kept in the forum problem area for easier reference later. Understood you are talking about the homemade meats sub forum in the Meats forum.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Now things start to make sense. When I first read this thread, it was in the forum problems area. I was having the darndest time finding out what forum chowhound was talking about.

With the later discussion, I know where we are talking about. - Off to look at the forum.

Andy C

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter

Morning! LOL. Yea, that should not have been in there, but it does happen from time to time, we goof and accidentally send somebody's pork careening into someone else's fresh made polish sausages! LOL.

chowhound

Thanks Doc. And good morning.
OK. My suggestion would be to move the threads I mentioned out of the homemade meats forum, as they have nothing to do with homemade meats.
:mrgreen:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
And I think the blind move may have been me... my bad! Normally I would have had a post saying I had moved it to prevent the confusion!

chowhound

And I think the blind move may have been me... my bad! Normally I would have had a post saying I had moved it to prevent the confusion!

I just click on New Posts and didn't even notice it was moved til it posted and I noticed the forum title. I can see now it should have been in the problems/suggestions forum, but that (this) forum just seems so formal :unsure:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
:confused:What do you mean they are up too early - my computer says they posting mid morning?

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I'm the one. I did it. :sorry:

I was using my clickety clicker and I got carried away with marking things to move. :bonk: