Grilled Lamb and a Citrus Salad with Gorgonzola Toast

High Cheese

Saucier
I started off with a homemade lamb stock: leftover meat/bones, mire poix, pepper corns, white wine, herbs de provence and chicken broth. To prepare the rack, I removed every other bone and tied with butchers twine to create a nice thick chop. More pics to follow.

The start of the stock. This will eventually be a finishing sauce.

Browning the meat and veg.
IMG_0255.jpg

Deglazed with white wine and chicken broth.
IMG_0259.jpg

It's now cooling in the fridge so I can skim off any fat later.
IMG_0265.jpg

Last edited:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
cant wait for the finishing pics...

any food that starts with mirepoix,lamb bones and everything you started with is good in my books...lol

High Cheese

Saucier
The inspiration for the lamb.

The salad.

The lamb prepared for grilling.
IMG_0268.jpg

I subbed roasted red peppers for the salad.
IMG_0269.jpg

The lamb stock reduced, combined with red wine and a corn starch slurry. Should be like cough syrup.
IMG_0271.jpg

Kanzuri. Can be special ordered.
IMG_0273.jpg

The cheese I used for the toast.
IMG_0274.jpg

I added the foil 1/2 way through the grilling process.
IMG_0276.jpg

I used lima beans instead of fava with a couple other tweaks. The bean puree cooled down the heat from the kazuri and acted as a palate cleanser. Was pretty neat actually.
IMG_0280.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
awesome photos..great looking food...hmmmmmm i think i am going to quit cooking and move closer to you..lol

High Cheese

Saucier
I guess the idea for the lamb was to cut off a bite, dip in the brown sauce, then into the bread crumbs. .....IDK, but that's what I did and it was good. lol

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
WOW!!!!!! How gorgeous!

What's the white smear on the plate, Jeeks? FOAM?????

Lee

High Cheese

Saucier
WOW!!!!!! How gorgeous!

What's the white smear on the plate, Jeeks? FOAM?????

Lee

HA! No, no foam for me pleeze. lol

That's the "Fava Bean Puree" except I used Lima beans (couldn't find favas). I cooked them in boiling water for 5-6 minutes, strained then blended in a FP with olive oil, salt, pepper and water. To finish, I used a spoon and a sieve as a chinoise to remove the skins from the beans.

It was actually AS satisfying as mashed/pureed potatoes, IMO. And like I said earlier, was a great palate cleanser.

The whole dinner was like fireworks going on in your mouth with all the bold flavors. The gamyness from the lamb, the heat from the kanzuri, the smoothness from the puree, the citrus dressing and the creamyness of the bleu brie toasts.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Brilliant!

Iron Chef would be as proud of you as I am. Prouder, even! ;-)

Lee