Monday, 7-2-2012...What's cookin'?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Delivery!! LOL Hub and I are sharing stuffed shells w/ meat sauce, chicken parm and antipasto. Girls are getting heros and will probably pick on the antipasto and some of my food (still not much of an appetite).

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I pulled out a small rolled pork roast that I tied up from pork shoulder, but decided against roasting it. Instead, I trimmed and cubed the meat, tossed it in seasoned flour, then fried it in cast iron in chicken schmaltz until the meat was cooked through and slightly caramelized. Removed the meat then added a little more schmaltz to the pan and caramelized the mire poix and diced potatoes. Tossed the meat back in and added 2 cups of chicken stock with a couple tablespoons of flour to thicken the broth. A little sea salt & fresh ground pepper to adjust the flavor, and allowed it to simmer for about 20 minutes. Cooked up some egg noodles and fresh sweet corn for a veggie, and called it dinner! It was delicious, especially the cubed pork shoulder. There, doesn't that sound better than pork stew over noodles? :yum:

Dinner070212.jpg

Embryodad

It's a lot cooler today! 82º
Had B O L O G N A sandwiches for supper.
Dr. called for Tina...and I picked up a Z-Pack and prednisone prescription. She is in the EZ chair resting.
Tomorrow she may feel a little better, and I will do some cooking for her / us, then.
My mouth is drooling for a hot dog or two; which I may grill later on.
I'm probably going to make DW some chicken soup. Just a little.
So...for a Monday, just taking it easy and working on getting DW back on line again.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I had similar to Mama- Made my own sandwich-- swiss cheese, sliced tomato, and romaine on an onion bun, with ranch dressing instead of mayo.
Had some Pringles too.
I've consumed at least a gallon of iced tea today, slightly sweetened.