ISO quick portable breakfasts

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Here's the deal.

Normally I am up at 4:30 AM, out the door boo 5:00 AM.

To date the routine has been, set up the coffee the night before, put a small pot of water on the stove.

When I get up, trigger the coffee, put two eggs in the pot and turn it on. Fifteen minutes later I have coffee and hard boiled eggs. I peel and put in a snack bag and I'm off ( lots of folk say I'm always off). Eat while driving to the park and ride.

So, my doctor wants weight off (I'm working on that), and my LDL Colesterol down, always something.

I need a breakfast that can be ready in the same amount of time, possibly premade, I have time at night. The other possibility, would be something I could make quickly once I get to work. I was thinking instant oatmeal. Having never had any, I am concerned that there might be extra added junk.

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you
Andy

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yogurt with more fruit and granola added.
Healthy muffins.
Those southwest egg wraps that Lee made recently would work, if they'd do well with the added touches last minute before you head out the door.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Andy, your doctor wants you to lose MORE weight??? Geez, you've already lost a lot!

If you like cold cereal, go with a mix of them that are high in fiber (whole grain) and relatively low in sugars (Multi Grain Cheerios, bran flakes, Fiber One brand).

I have 3/4 cup of mixed cereals with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Love it! And a glass of low sodium V-8.

Mid morning, I have an apple.

On weekends, I have a piece of Fiber One toast, eggbeaters and Brown and Serve turkey sausage patties.

If you Google "weight watchers breakfasts", you'll find a lot of ideas.

Do you like smoothies?

Lee

Last edited:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Fruit and yogurt is a possibility. I would have to carry it in as I couldn't eat it driving.

The hard boiled eggs were great as they cooked while I was getting dressed, etc.

Lee - My life burden is that I am a stress eater. Right now, I am pulled between two careers, both of which I love. They keep stomping on each other and I keep trying to run faster to keep both going. Hence, stress. Short version, I put some, not all, back on. The Colesteral deal is that they have changed their minds on what numbers are OK.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
You could made a couple days worth of breakfast tacos. They heat up quickly, and you could wrap the heated taco in aluminum foil to keep it semi-warm. You also wouldn't be eating so many eggs per week because they don't need two eggs per taco, maybe one or even three-fourths. Two eggs a day seems like a lot to me.

If you want to cut some of the calories, use turkey sausage or lean ground pork and season it with spices that you would find in sausage.

I'm glad that both careers are taking off for you but hate to hear of all the stress. I'm the exact opposite. If I'm stressed, I can't eat.

Johnny West

I've been eating the Morningstar breakfast sandwiches.
They heat up in the microwave in 80 seconds. I take the
cheese out, then add back and let it warm up a bit, otherwise
it melts to nothing. Sometimes I'll add another little slice of
cheddar.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
.I take the
cheese out, then add back and let it warm up a bit, otherwise
it melts to nothing.

NOW he tells me! This past weekend, I tried a Smart Ones breakfast sandwich with a turkey breakfast sausage patty. Ended up scraping up all the melted cheese off my microwave turn table. :bonk:

Otherwise, it was pretty good, with a little ketchup!

Andy, it's a nice option to put in your breakfast rotation. The egg is egg whites.

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Andy, bagels are low fat and cholesterol free.
Those with some light cream cheese would be a perfect portable breakfast.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've been alternating the instant oats and Natures path Organic Peanut butter granola. the granola is a bit dry but has the protein to get me going. works for me, but those sandwiches and bagels sure sound good. :D

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Now we are coming.

I can make much of what is here. The make up in advance, free,e, Nike and out the door solves the time issue.