Cream cheese chicken - crockpot

homecook

Cream Cheese Chicken

3 lb. chicken pieces (I use breasts, legs, and thighs)
1 pk. Italian salad dressing mix
4 T. melted butter, divided
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup chicken broth

Place chicken pieces in crockpot and sprinkle salad dressing mix over all.
Sprinkle with 2 T. melted butter.
Cook on low 6 hours.
Melt 2 T. butter in saucepan and saute onion and garlic.
Add to the onions and garlic mixture the cr. of chicken soup, cream cheese and chicken broth.
Stir until smooth.
Add this mixture to the crockpot and cook on low and additional 1-1/2 to 2 hours.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh man! And served over egg noodles? What an easy comfort-meal!

Lee

Deelady

how did I miss this?? this sounds great! thank you!!

could you use bottled dressing if you dont have the envelope kind? or what would you substitute that with?

homecook

how did I miss this?? this sounds great! thank you!!

could you use bottled dressing if you dont have the envelope kind? or what would you substitute that with?

I would imagine you could use the bottled. I've never tried it but maybe next time I will. I can't think what to substitue with, sorry.

What did you end up using??

Barb

Deelady

Oh I haven't tried it yet I was just wondering.....my poor refridgerator is getting pretty bare with all the snow and Ice weve been getting. Hoping to get to the store tomorrow!

homecook

Oh I haven't tried it yet I was just wondering.....my poor refridgerator is getting pretty bare with all the snow and Ice weve been getting. Hoping to get to the store tomorrow!

I hear ya with the snow and ice! I've been trying to cook out of the freezer so I don't have to go out.

Barb

homecook

I made this again tonight and thought I would post the pics here with the recipe.....

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 172

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Please do not forget the drooling old man in the ruled trenchcoat outside your kitchen window.

Great for this time of the year.

chowhound

Nice.
I think I'll add the soup, cream cheese and broth to my sauteed onions to melt it down before adding to the cooker. This is getting made as soon as I clear out some leftovers.

And it has a clove of garlic! It qualifies for the challenge!
:wink:

homecook

Nice.
I think I'll add the soup, cream cheese and broth to my sauteed onions to melt it down before adding to the cooker. This is getting made as soon as I clear out some leftovers.

And it has a clove of garlic! It qualifies for the challenge!
:wink:

LOL, I guess it does!! :blush:

What you plan on doing is what the recipe says to do. :huh:

Deelady

Woohoo!! I thinkI actually have all the ingredients this time for it!! Except for the noodles...but I assume I can use rice right? But then again we should be going shopping today soooooo :D

Looks great Barb!!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Oh yeah, I know that is good.:thumb: I've had it before made with ranch dressing mix.