Top Chef Masters

Status
Not open for further replies.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Did anyone watch it last night? If not I called when they had 6 chefs left but now with the last three left I think it is between two of them just can't guess which it will be.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
It’s a tough call! All three of them are great. Michael has been doing really well through this, and I can see him winning this. Rick Bayless is so precise and technical with his cooking I can see him winning, but I can also see him getting too focused on technique and letter-of-the-law, and missing creativity. Hubert is my favorite, so I’d love to see him take it.

I’m rooting for:

1. Hubert
2. Michael
3. Rick

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I agree it is a tough one to call and Michael was a surprise to me the first time I saw him compete. He really hasn't been cooking lately according to the bio on him though he still owns a couple of restaurants his business has expanded into other areas. At any rate I still think Hubert is odds on favorite to win with a toss up on the other two but all are excellent chefs. I was also shocked to see Michael win the taste test yesterday and Hubert at the bottom.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I agree it is a tough one to call and Michael was a surprise to me the first time I saw him compete. He really hasn't been cooking lately according to the bio on him though he still owns a couple of restaurants his business has expanded into other areas. At any rate I still think Hubert is odds on favorite to win with a toss up on the other two but all are excellent chefs. I was also shocked to see Michael win the taste test yesterday and Hubert at the bottom.

Michael was shocked too! :lol:

It was interesting that he said if they put Dashi in there, he couldn't even spell it let alone identify it.....and Dashi was in there! I was a bit surprised Anita missed Hoisin Sauce.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I was also surprised she missed the Hoisin Sauce and even with my lousy palette can tell what it is instantly. But then I smoke, have no sense of smell and wear dentures so it is kind of remarkable that I can taste anything. I have heard though that Emeril probably has one of the best palettes of any of the really top chef's in the country.

smoke king

Banned
My TV went out with 10 minutes left in the show last night :angry: Just found out this morning that Anita got the boot. I had a feeling it would be Anita of Micheal-its getting to the point in the competition where even a little mistake will cost you-too much talent in the pool to make mistakes!

I had never even heard of Anita Lo prior to this, but I was still really impressed with her. I really enjoyed (looking at) some of the dishes she did. I've also been on the Chef Keller bandwagon-I've liked him from the start. I've since found out he has a cooking show on Public Television, and a website with some great recipes. Check out www.hubertkeller.com

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Keller is one of the top French chefs in the US with several great restaurants.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
It will come down to their signature dish if it follows the format of Top Chef's. If so no telling as all 3 of these guys are true masters.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
We have two threads with the same name and basic content. Ordinarily the two would be merged but these are not new threads and the chronological order of the posts would make it slightly difficult to navigate so we're locking this thread and referencing the original - here. This way the locked thread will still be available for quotes, etc. Thanks for your understanding.

Buzz

Status
Not open for further replies.