How many of you have THIS accessory for your KA bowl-lift stand mixer?

Shermie

Site Supporter
I've had it for a while now. It's a water jacket.

It helps keep cold things cold, warm things warm and hot things hot.

Today, I used it not only while creaming the butter and sugar for the 7up cake batter, but also for the batter itself!

A nice thing to have, to keep things at the right temp while processing foods in the bowl of your KA bowl-lift stand mixer!! :eating2:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

chilefarmer

Sherm, don't have one, have never seen one either. Can't remember ever needing one. But I might If I had handy. CF

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I've never seen one either....in fact, my new mixer doesn't even have those little pegs on the side of the arm for the pan to attach.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I've never seen one either....in fact, my new mixer doesn't even have those little pegs on the side of the arm for the pan to attach.

I think that the newest models can accommodate the pan via large hooks that fasten to the two pointed spindles where the small arms of the mixing bowl are secured to. :mrgreen:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I was right.
Mine is the old style in the bottom pic. Looks almost like a tube cake pan, but who cares? It still does the job! :bbq3:

Attachments

• New KA water jacket.jpg
    New KA water jacket.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Hooks on newer water jacket.jpg
    Hooks on newer water jacket.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Old KA water jacket..jpg
    Old KA water jacket..jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 149

Shermie

Site Supporter
When the environment is too hot in the kitchen, especially on the torridly hot days of summer, the softened room temp butter that is need for cakes can become a bit too soft, almost to the semi-liquid state.

This smart accessory with cold water and a little bit of ice added to it help tighten up the butter a little, to help keep the butter from being too loose.

Without it, the batter won't be as fluffy in volume, and cakes won't rise as high as they should. :sad:

leolady

I have a couple of the old style water jackets. Never really used them much. They were necessary when using the vintage colander and seive set as they catch the puree.

Shermie

Site Supporter
This and the Beater Blade are the most useful accessories for the machine!

Since I have other appliances that make up for the other accessories for the mixer, I just didn't bother getting them. :eating2: