Too quiet here. ????

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hope everybody is doing okay. Been rather quiet here the past few days, and I wanted to explain why I have not been able to be as active. AS most of you know I run multiple forums, and I'm having performance issues on the biggest forum: ForumsForums.com. So I have to move that to another server. I went through the process with this forum and others, but the size of this particular forum presents a few unique issues that I have not come up against before. So my time here is very limited.
I'll check in to make sure all is working as it should, but I'm hoping you'll all talk amoungst yourselves. :D
In a week or so I should be back her and active as ever.
Enjoy, and POST OFTEN!!!!! :D :thumb:

The Tourist

Banned
I've had some concerns about "quiet" myself. I'm not a big fan of social silence. It either means that the crushing heel of the JBT is upon us, or the mad scientists are plotting.

Obviously, not a good week for blue-eyed Adonis tinkers. As some of you know, I find 100% agave tequila very calming. I make a very dangerous highball using pure agave tequila, Mountain Dew, and the juice from a jar of green Maraschino cherries.

Unless you can truly take a punch, I suggest you never try the concoction. It's truly faster than a Taser tranquilizer dart, which isn't as much fun as it looks on TV.

Anyhoo, the moral of the story is that we're out of green cherries. Connect the dots.

I did a little sharpening, played "Guess Who" on the car forum, and hit the gym a bit too hard. I'm looking forward to a decent Packer game and hope the NY Jets fall on their collective behinds. Not that I'm bitter...

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
It looked like I was here but it was only my computer.

I logged on to the site this morning. Shortly afterward my wife asked me to go with her to run some errands. I had no idea that we would be gone all day :sad:

The Tourist

Banned
Well, have no fear. Football is over for the weekend, it looks like the weather is letting up and I believe Locutus is coming back from his camping trip. With any luck we should be up, running and offending this forum's client base in a matter of days.

I think I'll ride tomorrow.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You better take advantage of this last spurt of good weather. We are over 70 degree again today and it's supposed to last for the next few days. :thumb: :D
Ride em if you got em. :D

The Tourist

Banned
...I just got back from a little spin on Black Betty...

Zounds, I love that bike. And when I got back the UPS guy was nice enough to leave me a real-deal Japanese clad santuko and a small bamboo cutting board.

The santuko is already taped up and in the freezer, and the cutting board has its first coat of food-grade mineral oil.

The santuko should get spooky to toasty sharp later this evening. It has a layer of high carbon blue steel between two layers of stainless.

Yes, the inner layer can turn a tad dark with use. But yikes, do they get sharp!

As for Black Betty, I took a spin to the Harley shop today on the way home and got the estimate for the modifications that are going to be done this winter. Oy.

The next time I buy life insurance I'm going to get the HD "bar and shield" tattoo'ed on my butt. It seems that anything wearing the Harley logo increases in value, so my wife should get a nice settlement...