JoeC

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Glad to hear you'll be around for awhile. I know you'll hang tough with the treatment. Stop by as you feel up to it, and if you need to vent some steam, stop by FF for some fun.:D:D

Not much of a chance of me venting at FF. I might take you up on dropping by since I just bought a 14' U-Haul box truck I have started converting to an RV. In about a year I might just make a dash for your area. :D

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Joe, that news sounds very encouraging! See? Prayers and positive thoughts work!

I hope you can use NCT as a support and a distraction, as you travel down the next leg of your journey. Even if you don't feel like talking about food, you can play Lucky's trivia and talk about other subjects with us!

Lee

No problem though I don't have the appetite I did before I still like to cook and eat. :D

Ian M.

Joe - So relieved to hear that the prognosis is good and with your "UP" attitude - you'll do so well. Both Fallon and I are remembering you daily in our prayers. Keep in touch with NCT so we can keep up to speed on how it's all going for you.

Ian and Fallon

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I remember when my daughter was going through radiation treatment for her brain cancer. She was 17 and a member of the cross country track team running five to seven miles a day. It knocked her for a loop so I know what you'll be going through.

I'm glad to hear that your prognosis is good. Keep in touch and I'll keep you in my prayers.

I have a buddy now for almost 40 years that youngest daughter since she was 18 has had about every form of cancer a woman can get. She is now in her 40's with two twin girls and still going strong in spite of about 20 passes through chemo and radiation as well as several operations. I figure if she can survive perhaps I will too. :D

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have a buddy now for almost 40 years that youngest daughter since she was 18 has had about every form of cancer a woman can get. She is now in her 40's with two twin girls and still going strong in spite of about 20 passes through chemo and radiation as well as several operations. I figure if she can survive perhaps I will too. :D

Now THAT is the most inspirational cancer survival story I have ever heard!

:applause:

Lee

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Now THAT is the most inspirational cancer survival story I have ever heard!

:applause:

Lee

Her father had two daughters the oldest born before he went to Nam and perfectly healthy. His youngest (3 years younger) born after he came home. One of his jobs was loading Agent Orange on Choppers between missions as a mole. It seems AO cause changes in DNA on those exposed causing all kinds of cancers etc. She is probably the most courageous person I've ever meet in my life when it comes to fighting many diagnosis of emanate death. She has a great attitude too, in that she won't stop fighting. :thumb:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Well folks finally got the final word today after 2 CT scans, biopsy of my throat to my lungs, both sides and a PET scan from my knees to my head it looks like I will be on this side of the grass a few more years at least. Tumors are only in the left lung and one limp node with no coming back to the right lung. As before it is still inoperable however with chemo and radiation is should be in complete remission pretty quick as the rest of my body seems to be in good shape. Now starts the harder part of the treatments but have been down this road before and will do well with it again.

I do appreciate you prayers and wishes for my recovery. As it stands now and I've been through this once before it does look good. Thanks again folks. :in_love:

You're in my prayers, and I wish you a speedy recovery!! Get well soon, buddy!! :thumb:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Sure is good to hear you're planning to be around for a while! Your attitude is a real inspiration!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Sure is good to hear you're planning to be around for a while! Your attitude is a real inspiration!

I don't remember who said it but it was "99% of living is just showing up" which is so true on so many levels. :smile: