Do you calorie count?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Do you know how many calories you intake a day (ballpark)?

I don't but I'm starting to attempt to keep track.

If you count them does it help you maintain weight?

waybomb

No
Never helped me.
I just need to moderate and walk alot.

I visited Poland over Christmas. Ate like two pugs. I mean I stuffed myself. But we walked all day every day. I came home about 5 pounds lighter than when I left. I thouht for sure I'd gain. Walking works.

KKsMom

Blond Member
I don't count but I definitely look at the nutrional label to use as a guide. I found out that 3,500 calories equals 1 pound!! :ohmy: Of course that is an estimate because "calories from fat" will equal one pound sooner (I don't know the exact number). Also, High Fructose Corn Syrup is something you want to stay away from, but that is nearly impossible as it is in everything!
I have been working out and keeping track of calories burned and I have, on average, been buring only 1,700 calories a week from cardio alone (that doesn't count the calories I burn while lifing or at rest or doing other random activities...)
Either way, I have found that by writing down everything you eat and drink is helpful. Then if you decide that you want to count the calories from those meals you can go online and figure up your caloric intake.
If you look at some of Sushi's posts, he has some very helpful and informative links in them to figure up what kind of caloric deficit you need to have in order to reach a goal weight. I am very bored at work if you can't tell :glare:

Stussy's_Angel

I was counting thought weight watchers points and had even lost 17lbs. since January. I even journaled everything I ate during the day to keep myself accountable. Having just learned that I'm pregnant I'm done counting. :lol: I am still watching what I eat and trying to eat healthy but until I meet with my Dr. to discuss my pregnancy ideal weight I felt it was best if I stopped trying to lose.

RNE228

Do you know how many calories you intake a day (ballpark)?

I don't but I'm starting to attempt to keep track.

If you count them does it help you maintain weight?

I do not calorie count, but am watching points, ala Weight Watchers.

dumped 10 lbs, and also dropped from a 12 minute mile on the treadmill to a 9.5 minute mile in the last 6 weeks.

I have found that if I count/track my intake, I pay more attention to both what I eat, and the portion sizes. I lose more consistently, and maintain the loss.

I did well dropping some weight a few years ago with WW. I tweaked my back a year ago, quit working out because of pain, and got sloppy about eating. So now, I'm getting back out of that hole.

If you track all your intake for a day, then add up the numbers, you may be surprised at the numbers.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was counting thought weight watchers points and had even lost 17lbs. since January. I even journaled everything I ate during the day to keep myself accountable. Having just learned that I'm pregnant I'm done counting. :lol: I am still watching what I eat and trying to eat healthy but until I meet with my Dr. to discuss my pregnancy ideal weight I felt it was best if I stopped trying to lose.

Congratulations!!!!! I'm sorry I missed your original post. I saw it for the 1st time tonight. :hide:

Hopefully your diet doesn't have to go through any changes.