Sour Cherry Preserve Q'd Ribs

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
used this rub

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2876

when they were done on the smoker, i cut them into bones and dipped into reserved glaze

Sour Cherry Glaze

2 parts sour cherry preserves
1 part your favorite bbq sauce(i use sweet baby rays original)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar

34687y0.jpg

14o9n9e.jpg

125ktno.jpg

decided to open up the intakes and see how high i could get it... closed it down pretty quickly as i didnt use high temp paint on my UDS

svh1cg.jpg

FooD

Holy chit! They look good!

I wonder if I can add some heat to the glaze and use it on chicken wings...

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Use some of the Baby Ray's Chipotle or one of his other sauces for more heat. Baby Ray's has replaced my favorite KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce. It is really good stuff.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Holy chit! They look good!

I wonder if I can add some heat to the glaze and use it on chicken wings...

i dont see why not... i have a recipe for cherry chipotle glaze that i use on ribs as well

any heat source will do i think in this recipe as it wont take away from the flavor at all

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Use some of the Baby Ray's Chipotle or one of his other sauces for more heat. Baby Ray's has replaced my favorite KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce. It is really good stuff.

i wish i could get the other flavors of baby ray's... only one store around here carries it and only the original

FooD

I will try the SBR Chipotle. Good thing is I picked up 40 bottles of their 18oz Chipotle bbq sauce when they were on sale for 99 cents a few weeks ago.

Bam, I didn't realize you can get your UDS temps that high from your normal fuel supply. That's good to know. :)

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I will try the SBR Chipotle. Good thing is I picked up 40 bottles of their 18oz Chipotle bbq sauce when they were on sale for 99 cents a few weeks ago.

Bam, I didn't realize you can get your UDS temps that high from your normal fuel supply. That's good to know. :)

i dont recommend the high heat unless your outside paint can handle it..lol

here is the recipe i was telling you about

Cherry Chipotle BBQ Sauce

2 cups ketchup
1 cup cherry preserves
1/2 cup cherry juice
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons chipotle pepper sauce (find it near tabasco sauce)
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp onion powder

Put it all in a sauce pan. bring to a boil over medium high heat. reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. I let cool and then put into a food processor or blender to chop up the cherries.

FooD

Nice!.....thanks for the above recipe!! The cherry and chipotle combo just sound too good not to try.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Nice!.....thanks for the above recipe!! The cherry and chipotle combo just sound too good not to try.

if you cant find the hot sauce, i have used and actually prefer to use chipotles in adobo sauce...works great and u can control the heat a lot better in my opinon

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Holy CARP!! Those are some incredible looking ribs. Lots of loin meat to make them fat. DAMN! Good job my brother!! ;clap: