camerones de Ajos

RNE228

1lb medium large shrimp/medium prawns, cleaned, shelled and deveined
1 head garlic, cleaned and chopped coarse
1 bottle Hornitos white tequilla

place prawns in a skillet. Sprinkle chopped garlic over prawns. Pout tequilla over prawns and garlic till just barely covered.

Let marinate for 15 minutes(don't let sit too long; will get too strong of tequilla flavor)

Bring to a slow simmer; simmer till prawns are cooked through

serve over rice, or linguine

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
That sounds good but I am allergic to shrimp.

how about I send you the shrimp, save the garlic for my next batch of Chili, and drink the tequilla?

See Al, recipes are EASY to modify. Look at all the calories and salt I saved by leaving out the shrimp:hide2:

BigAl

That sounds good but I am allergic to shrimp.

how about I send you the shrimp, save the garlic for my next batch of Chili, and drink the tequilla?

See Al, recipes are EASY to modify. Look at all the calories and salt I saved by leaving out the shrimp:hide2:

Jim ,

I'm Coming to your house to drink !!! I mean eat !

In 5 days I'm in Panama ! I'm going to try your recipe when I get there !!!:w00t2::clap::brows:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Stop by anytime!

And why wait for Panama? What's wrong with NOW?

BigAl

Stop by anytime!

And why wait for Panama? What's wrong with NOW?

Believe it or not the seafood is so much fresher down in Panama then in California . I am really spoiled from eating fish ,crab and lobster that was swimming around just a few hours ago in Panama . The lobster is delivered live as is the Crab . The Shrimp we have are huge down here . 10 -12 count per pound ! I'll glady wait to cook it up down there .
If you ever get a chance to go to Panama City , take a cab to the seafood market on Balboa Ave . It's in Casco Viejo or the old section of Panama City . There are fish and seafood there that I have never seen in my life . They also have a great little cafe upstairs where you can eat or bring your fresh seafood you just purchase downstairs and for $2 a pound they will cook it up and serve all the trimmings too !