The "Breakfast" thread

Johnny West

Amelia wanted pancakes and I was happy to oblige.

Attachments

• ########Cakes copy.JPG
    ########Cakes copy.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 177
  • ########Cakes I.JPG
    ########Cakes I.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 183

tb654719

That's really a very good breakfast, but in my case, my breakfast is just sandwich, egg and coffee. Its just a simple breakfast but its good. :)

Johnny West

I enjoyed the Euro breakfast of cold cuts, cheese, bread, and hard boiled eggs. The breakfast buffet at our hotel in Victoria does this, besides the normal buffet fare.

Dogboa

During the week, breakfast is usually leftover dinner. On the weekends we usually go out for it, except when I work my second job.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had what the restaurant called "Country" Eggs Benedict yesterday. It was a large biscuit split, with a slice of sausage and a poached egg on each biscuit half, with sausage gravy over the top. Dogboa had country fried potatoes, I had hash brown cakes. It was pretty good. Dog makes better sausage gravy, but I think homemade is pretty much always going to be better than restaurant anyway. He managed to eat all of his, though left some of his potatoes. I brought half home.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
My local Diner prepares for me my take on the dish....
I call it Eggs Benedict Arnold............

The (three) eggs and Hollandaise sauce are seated on a bed of home-fries, and the Canadian Bacon is served as a sandwich w/ the English Muffin, slathered with horseradish mustard ...
The owner always tells me it's going on his menu soon, but it's been years.......:kabob:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I've given up on Eggs Benedict in diners. I can't stand the stuff out of a can or made from a powdered mix. Even when they say they make it from scratch, it still seems to suspiciously taste like one or the other of the aforementioned and not scratch made. I don't get it. Not that many people will order Eggs Benedict and if you use a recipe like http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/blender-hollandaise , which can be cut in half, as I do that for home, it's not time consuming. I wouldn't even mind paying more if it was really scratch made just so I wouldn't have to make it at home.

Embryodad

Talking about Powdered / canned / products etc. Makes me wish for powdered eggs.
I always looked to have them whilst in the Navy. I just couldn't get enough of them.
DW said she will try and get some when she is at a bakery supply.:readytoeat:

Embryodad

It was funny that you mentioned C Rats...
When I was stationed In the Navy in Puerto Rico as a Sea Bee, I found the stash of K-Rats in this big quonset hut attic space. Cases of it.
When I got hungry, I'd open the rations, and make deviled ham sandwiches on the canned biscuits, and eat the cheese and crackers.

I remember, I had 93 of those stainless steel little P38 can openers that came with the food kits. They were the greatest; never fail can openers. They were no bigger than a quarter dollar piece.

usp38_can_opener.jpg

Johnny West

It was funny that you mentioned C Rats...
When I was stationed In the Navy in Puerto Rico as a Sea Bee, I found the stash of K-Rats in this big quonset hut attic space. Cases of it.
When I got hungry, I'd open the rations, and make deviled ham sandwiches on the canned biscuits, and eat the cheese and crackers.

I remember, I had 93 of those stainless steel little P38 can openers that came with the food kits. They were the greatest; never fail can openers. They were no bigger than a quarter dollar piece.

usp38_can_opener.jpg

There were a lot of manufacturers of P38's and folks collect them. I still have several, one with my dog tags and one is in the PSK in the rover.

The first time I started smoking was because of the 5 pack of cigs in the C's.

Anyway, I don't mind powdered eggs. Now I'll have to find some.

Domestic Goddess

1 banana

1 blueberry muffin

instant coffee, mixed with milk, a sprinkle of cinnamon & hot chocolate powder, and topped with Reddi Wip, and a light sprinkle of the hot chocolate powder on top

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Diner Breakfast -

Kentucky Omelet - Three Eggs,
Ham, Bacon,Sausage,Peppers, onions and American Cheese...
Home Fries w/ onions