What's cooking NCT Sunday 1/22/2017 - Saturday 1/28/2017?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Tacos are planned for tonight.

I'm planning to do pork shoulder in my Instantpot tomorrow to use for carnitas and BBQ pulled pork.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Sweet and Sour Chicken last night, more of same tonight:

IMG_6639.jpg

The sauce was a little too sweet for me. My first time to cook Jasmine rice and I can't tell a big difference between it and regular long grain :huh:.

Embryodad

Today was Italian seasoned pan fried thinly cut round steak, then finished with grated Romano and pan juices from the fond with plain water.
Nothing fancy... chewy, but tasty. hunks of bread, pulled off the loaf to soak in the juices.
Really a Rough; simple, Calabrese Style Meal.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made my very first shredded (pulled) Pork last night. It was actually a double first time meal: the Pulled Pork and red beans (I found a Popeye's copycat and fiddled with it, it came pretty close) and served over rice. It was a strange pairing because I served the pork with hard taco shells and corn tortillas and taco toppings and the Cajun style beans and rice.

Sorry no pictures. It was late (DD got out of work at 10pm) and it smelled so good everyone dove in. LOL

As for the pork 4 lbs. bone, most of fat and skin removed (will probably use bone for bone broth and maybe make oven pork rinds if that's possible).

Cut the Pork into 1-2 inch cubes and seasoned. Placed in my Instant Pot hit the meat/stew button and adjust the time to 45 minutes and when done did a 10 natural pressure release. Took meat out and in was so tender and shredded like a dream. I set the pot to the sauté setting adjusted to more and let them reduce to a nice thick sauce. Which I then tossed with the pork.
Meanwhile the rice and beans were cooking.
The whole meal took about an hour to cook!

I had pork with a squeeze of fresh lime and beans and rice for my dinner, everyone else had tacos, beans and rice. WOW it was so good!

Who'd a thunk shredded pork in less then an hour.

I will be doing this again.

I didn't use heavy seasoning so I am thinking of putting some of the pork, tomato sauce, water and 3 minute quick cooking Ronzoni rotini in the IP. It should take 1 1/2 minutes for dinner to cook.

I LOVE MY INSTANT POT!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Sweet and Sour Chicken last night, more of same tonight:

IMG_6639.jpg

The sauce was a little too sweet for me. My first time to cook Jasmine rice and I can't tell a big difference between it and regular long grain :huh:.
That looks wonderful cooksie! I always use jasmine for my white rice.

Tomato basil soup + grilled cheese sandwich (swiss on rye).

That sounds fantastic Lollie. I love American and Swiss on rye grilled cheese sandwiches. With tomato soup.

Johnny West

I came down with a cold that has been infecting the area and haven't done much cooking the past week. Last night made tuna salad and tonight will make a veggie quiche.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Last nights dinner. Sorry bad pictures.

Shredded Pork

shredded_pork_012317_P1090963.jpg

Red Beans and rice

red_beans_roce_012317_P1090966.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I am working up a recipe with b/s chicken breasts to be cooked in the pressure cooker. I want to use some things from the fridge, pantry and freezer. Not sure how it will work out. LOL I'm still new at using my Instant Pot. So I need to figure out what/how to cook things.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I cooked this earlier in the week but forgot that it was on my camera :dizzy:. I was going for a cabbage roll soup. Because V8 contains two full servings of vegetables in every 8 ounces :biggrin:, I used that instead of tomato juice. I like it with tomato juice better.

IMG_6646.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I came down with a cold that has been infecting the area and haven't done much cooking the past week.

Same here, John. I was just getting over a cold when I relapsed and it turned into some sort of respiratory infection. I'm on all kinds of meds and feeling better, but still coughing a lot.

Hope you feel better!

Lee

Johnny West

Tonight it's old fashioned Midwest style pan fried pork tenderloins, if I have the energy.

I just put the lime bars in the oven and will make another chocolate chip bar later since I only have one cake pan now.

My cold has dissipated but am tired all the time.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have a 3lb. corned beef in the Instant Pot. I never did one under pressure so got my fingers crossed. If it doesn't turn out good I will cry. It was $3.50/lb. Once it comes to pressure it should only take 90 minutes till tender. Then 3 minutes for the potatoes and cabbage. Wish me luck.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pressure cooker corned beef, potatoes and cabbage. With a side of shredded cabbage dressed with avocado oil, EVVO, red wine vinegar, Trader Joe's umami paste, salt, ground pepper and spices.

PC_corned_beef_12817_P1090982.jpg

This picture is really washed out and I don't know why

PC_corned_beef_dinner_12817_P1090985.jpg