What's cooking NCT Sunday 12/18/2016 to Saturday 12/24/20168

Johnny West

Tonight was lamb (Patek) tikka masala with two leftover grilled lamb chops, sweet potato, carrot, onions, garlic, and extra tikka masala powder from World Spice in Seattle. It was restaurant quality. lol

Johnny West

Tonight we're going to Primo Grill. I'm thinking about the halibut
but his pork chop is alway's popular.

I picked up a 1.5 pound package of lutefisk at Tacoma Boys today.
I'll be home alone for Christmas Eve and will fix it for myself. The
sides will be mashed potatoes and peas. I'll probably have some
oysters and herring, as well.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Dinner will be smoked Ham steak either with eggs and potato and onion homefries or with mashed yellow and white potatoes and collard greens fried in the ham drippings.

I used to be able to find frozen turnip greens with pieces of turnip but now I can't find them anywhere. There is an over abundance of kale!! I can't even find frozen mustard greens. I'm amazed I found the collards. Everything has kale with it. I can't wait for the kale crazy to vanish. So I can have turnip greens with my ham again.

Johnny West

We had the kale discussion at dinner last night. I'm tired of it from the CSA. I'd rather have swiss chard. Beet tops are my favorite.

Last night there was no halibut on the menu and Andy got the pork chop so I got the rib eye. I had to send it back since it was almost well done when I ordered blue rare. The second one was better but still to done. The flavour was excellent so can't complain to much. The potatoes and brussels sprouts were good. My appy was mussels in a lime cream soup and were excellent.

Attachments

• ########Primo Mussels.jpg
    ########Primo Mussels.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 106
  • ########Primo Rib Eye.jpg
    ########Primo Rib Eye.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 105

Johnny West

The mrs made corn chowder from the last of Summer's sweet corn. :corn: It will be for Christmas Eve as Peter won't eat my lutefisk.

Tonight will be faux chicken fried rice.

Saliha

For the Christmas Eve dinner, ham is already baked and I just started to make home-brewed beer.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Gonna Soup up some Chicken Thighs with Rice .
Haven't decided on the soup.... Broccoli or Celery..........

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Fried chicken, waffle fries and coleslaw shared among us all on the East wing, from Jack's.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Souped-Up Chicken Thighs over Rice.........

Neglected to buy celery, so I threw in some peas...

Tonight will be left-overs !

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Lunch was a big plate of scrambled eggs and chives with sliced tomato.

Dinner was Thai coconut soup (Amy's organic from the can) and crescent rolls from the blue tube.

Ate two of the crescents with the soup, mostly for dipping and covered the other 6 with Nutella to take to the young married couple next door, as part of a treat tray, along with some Rolo holiday wrapped caramels and Brach's peppermint nougats.
They loved it.
:a1:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Tonight I smoked some chicken wings on the stove top smoker. I used hickory chips. Smoked them till tender and fully cooked then into oven on convection roast for 10 minutes to color. I dipped mine in blue cheese dressing and BBQ sauce. Everyone loved them.

Johnny West

Amelia wouldn't eat French toast so whipped her up some pancakes.

Attachments

• ########Short Stack.JPG
    ########Short Stack.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 71
  • ########French Toast .JPG
    ########French Toast .JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 68