Help. Looking for a recipe here

chowhound

A while back someone posted a recipe on garlic bread that uses the saute in a pan method, but there was a twist to the ingredients used. I can't remember now and you all know what searching for something on these forums is like. If you don't know who posted it, you're SOL.
JoeC, I know you posted in the thread, but I can't remember if I did or not. Hopefully the person who posted it is on board right now even.
If anyone has any idea, you know I'll be a happy camper :chef:

buckytom

Grill Master
was it chubby checkers' garlic bread recipe?

what? you said it had a twist to it.

(and tell me the song isn't going through your head now...)

:whistle:

lesley

A while back someone posted a recipe on garlic bread that uses the saute in a pan method, but there was a twist to the ingredients used. I can't remember now and you all know what searching for something on these forums is like. If you don't know who posted it, you're SOL.
JoeC, I know you posted in the thread, but I can't remember if I did or not. Hopefully the person who posted it is on board right now even.
If anyone has any idea, you know I'll be a happy camper :chef:
I had a look around the site Chowhound...but can't see a saute method, I'll have another look later :wink:

chowhound

Yeah, it was the one Lefty bumped up. I must have been confusing the saute method with an Emeril show where he seasoned up some EVOO in a skillet, then lay the bread in it to "toast" up. The red pepper flakes is the chubby... I mean twist I was looking for.
C'mon baby.....

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Yeah, it was the one Lefty bumped up. I must have been confusing the saute method with an Emeril show where he seasoned up some EVOO in a skillet, then lay the bread in it to "toast" up. The red pepper flakes is the chubby... I mean twist I was looking for.
C'mon baby.....
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm now the visuals just went crazy in my poor subject to road trip food, hub and 2 kids in the car warped mind. i first saw a ummmmmmmmmmm errrrrrrrrrr then it warped into a doobie!! YIKES!!