Karen Potatoes

LADawg

Eight of ten years ago, maybe a couple of years more, and we were still living in Jackson, MS, we had lunch (in the South we mostly call this dinner) with Gene and Karen Darmer and their children. Karen cooked a potato dish that I had never had before and it was very good. :a1:
A week or so later I tried to make the dish and it also turned out very good. Anyway to make the story short my wife and I invited them, and their children to our house to eat a noon meal. I cooked the same potatoes dish and all three of their children said that my potatoes tasted better than what she had been making. Gave me bragging rights…

KAREN POTATOES

3 or 4 Medium Potatoes, or more if needed
1/2 Stick of Butter
1 Onion Sliced and Broken into Rings

Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper to Taste
Wash and cut potatoes into bite size pieces. Place potatoes in a lightly greased 8" X 13" baking dish. Dot potatoes with butter, trying to get some of the butter on each piece of
potato. Place the onion rings on the potatoes making sure that the potatoes are evenly covered. Sprinkle with the Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper. Cover and seal with aluminum foil. Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes.
Notes: 1. Be very careful in removing the aluminum foil. Steam has built up inside and it's easy to get burned.
2. Only makes about 3 servings.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, this couldn't be easier!

Will be trying it!

Thanks, LA!

Lee