Rack of Lamb with Mustard and Herb Crust

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Roasted Rack of Lamb with Mustard & Herb Crust

Ingredients

1 rack of lamb (4-7 bones, frenched)
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning (primarily, thyme & rosemary)
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 cup Dijon Mustard

Procedure

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic, and olive oil. Adding the oil to this mixture makes it a very crumbly mixture that is very easy to work with.

In a skillet, sear the rack of lamb on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side, and remove to heat safe platter. Cover the bones in aluminum foil to keep from burning.

Brush the lamb liberally with mustard on both sides. Now coat the lamb with the bread crumb mixture. Use a tablespoon to scoop up the crumbly mixture and spread it over the lamb. Now press firmly to help it adhere well and form a nice coating.

Place coated lamb in oven safe baking dish and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until internal temps is 130 degrees.

Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5-7 minutes. Slice between the bones to carve into individual chops and serve. Roasted fingerling potatoes goes great with this. This meat is fantastic. Very, very tender and juicy. This is truly the filet mignon of lamb. And believe it or not, DW took a bite and said “Wow, I could eat that!”. So it appears we’ll be having lamb again, and this time, DW will be having a plate herself! :clap:

If you want fingerling potatoes, try a simple roast of olive oil and S&P.
Step_1-93.jpg

The rack of lamb.
Step_2-91.jpg

Trim the fat cap and season with S&P
Step_3-84.jpg

Step_4-77.jpg

Sear on both sides.
Step_5-69.jpg

Coat with mustard.
Step_6-60.jpg

Coat with bread crumb mixture.
Step_7-46.jpg

Roast till it hits 130 and let it rest. Then slice and serve.
Step_8-35.jpg

Step_9-30.jpg

Step_9a-17.jpg

homecook

I just finished with a turkey dinner but a couple of those chops sure look tempting!! Nice Keltin!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Oh, here's a tip: I roasted this with a meat thermometer stuck into the deepest part of the rack and simply watched it.

Once it hit 130, I pulled it, covered it, and let it rest. So if you have an oven safe meat thermometer, stick it in and then roast your rack. It makes everything so much easier when all you have to do is turn the light on and read the thermometer!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I can't believe you just posted this, Keltin! I was saying yesterday that I wanted to try making a rack of lamb, and here you have given me a step-by-step! It is absolutely beautiful - looks better than some of the ones they make on Top Chef. Thank you, thank you for this.