Pork Butt - Championship Injection

Ross in Ventura

Fathers Day Pork Butt with Chris Lilly's Championship injection

10.4 lb. Pork shoulder injected and rubbed with Chris Lilly's Championship Rub

On the Egg @ 225* Saturday night for a 16hr. Smoke with Apple wood

Jackie's daughter Kim, Jackie, and her grandson Joe. Served with baked beans and Jackie's wonderful potato salad
The pork butt was moist and tender Jackie said it was the best pork butt that Ive made, it was a wonderful Fathers Day and this is my go to recipe for pork shoulder

Recipe: http://www.meatwave.com/blog/barbecue-recipe-big-bob-gibsons-championship-pork-shoulder

Thanks for looking

Ross

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, that is awesome Ross. You've inspired me to try this recipe for a upcoming reunion. This looks so so good. Mmmmmm I can just about taste it. :D

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
awesome indeed! you keep this up and I might just go over the edge to the dark side.
I've been resisting the 'smoke 'em if you got 'em' thing for a while....

shudda' had more kids . . . justify the size (g)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wonderful!

You can't go wrong with a Chris Lilly recipe!

Lee

Johnny West

This is similar to what I do but I never inject - will get a syringe soon, though. I use a North Carolina brine but was reading, this morning, about using your leftover dill pickle juice for a brine. I've got lots of brine from this summer's refer dills and will save it to experiment. Chicken can be brine with pickle juice as well.

:WitchBrewsSmiley:

Dogboa

This is similar to what I do but I never inject - will get a syringe soon, though. I use a North Carolina brine but was reading, this morning, about using your leftover dill pickle juice for a brine. I've got lots of brine from this summer's refer dills and will save it to experiment. Chicken can be brine with pickle juice as well.

:WitchBrewsSmiley:

I tried an injection the last butt I did. I wasn't very happy with the results. I'm sticking to my rub and mop method.