What are you doing today?

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
misting systems aren't especially expensive, unless you go with copper tubing....

the "technology" is most effective in areas with low humidity. Las Vegas, for example. most establishments with outdoor areas have misting systems - and they are effective - it'll be 10-15 degrees cooler inside the "mist envelop"

it's the same theory as "swamp coolers" - areas where the humidity is an issue seldom benefit. my son had a huge free standing swamp cooler for his shop in VA - the fan was nice but temperature wise it did not do much. he sold it.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Cooksie, we don't have misters around here, so I've never experienced one. I love the concept, however.

Do you know if they are expensive?

Lee

My sister has one. I think they're great if you're sitting around the pool and are already wet. If you're sitting around in dry clothes, I don't care for the damp, sticky feeling that you get.

Chilefarmer - I believe I'd cut those oleanders off with a chain saw and save the digging for November or December. We need rain!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
While I was applying fertilizer to my grass yesterday, I noticed that the soles of my tennies were coming loose. After I got everything cleaned up, I decided to "fix" them. These are my yard shoes, so they looked pretty rough before. I fixed that though :clap: . One should always read the directions when using Gorilla Glue.

Read%20the%20Directions.jpg

Shermie

Site Supporter
While I was applying fertilizer to my grass yesterday, I noticed that the soles of my tennies were coming loose. After I got everything cleaned up, I decided to "fix" them. These are my yard shoes, so they looked pretty rough before. I fixed that though :clap: . One should always read the directions when using Gorilla Glue.

Read%20the%20Directions.jpg

The stuff "spreads" as it dries, as you found out.

I've used it also, and found out the hard way. Then I started using just a little. Used it to fix my winter shoes last winter. It still holds up!

But it IS good! A little goes a long way!! :weber:

Embryodad

Work Work Work.....New front step.....no more dirt against the house here. Next is the porch repairs with new railings and paint.
The other side is the Tina Planting Area. :yum:
I did NOT do the masonary work.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LOL! Holy cow, Leni! Looks like "Great Stuff", spray foam insulation. I didn't know Gorilla Glue did that, and I sold a ton of it at the hardware store!

Nice home improvement, Jimmy!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The stuff "spreads" as it dries, as you found out.

I've used it also, and found out the hard way. Then I started using just a little. Used it to fix my winter shoes last winter. It still holds up!

But it IS good! A little goes a long way!! :weber:

Right you are! After I cleaned them up a little, it looks like it made a great bond that will probably outlast the upper part of the shoes. I'll use it again, just the right way next time.

That looks great, Jimmy! Lots of places for outdoor seating and :heart:container plants :heart:.

Johnny West

Maybe I was wrong?

I've got a recycle run to make, mail a package, then prep for granddaughter coming this afternoon.

I'm grilling steaks tonight but that could change.

Embryodad

LOL! Holy cow, Leni! Looks like "Great Stuff", spray foam insulation. I didn't know Gorilla Glue did that, and I sold a ton of it at the hardware store!

Nice home improvement, Jimmy!

Lee
Thanks Lee, now Tina, the Mommy in charge, is happy! ..... next..... the new railings and deck painting!

Embryodad

Today, i'm nursing a headache.
I'm baking a lasagna on the grill using the 1/2 burner grill with the pan on the idle side.
Mommy the Queen put it together for son and DIL for tonight's supper.

She made a pot of chicken soup too. GD loves chicken soup.

So...in a nut shell....I basically got the "Grill Watch" duty today!

Johnny West

Today is church clean up after second service and hope I can last 2 hours.

There are no plans for dinner and may go out. I dunno?

Johnny West

New furniture is always fun.

I went to church this morning and cleaned 4 coffee tanks I don't think ever have been cleaned. I doubt they ever will be like new but at least I can keep up on the PM now.

Tonight's dinner will be tuna leftovers. :readytoeat:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I woke up to computer woes Sunday. If you don't know what you're doing, you should never try to fix them yourself :blush:. I had a tech out yesterday, and he was a genius :clap:.

Saturday evening I had a big snake slither through the yard about 10 ft away from me. With heart pounding, I jumped up to get the hell out of Dodge. He spotted me and decided to get the hell out of Dodge too and slithered into the flower bed. Later I had to go back out there and water the hanging baskets, rubber legs and all. I do not like snakes...at all.

Last edited:

Embryodad

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.....

OH NO!!! How big was it? .... We have em here. Garter Snakes; they are ok.
Copperheads...NO NO NO!

Johnny West

Or carry a big stick. Big snake in Texas could be a rattler or a black snake which is good for a garden.

The black berries are on and later I'll go out and pick enough for two pies - one for the weekend and one batch will go in the freezer in case I do get to Canada to fish the fall chum run. I always take a pie to my fishing bud. After berry picking there will be a stop for a fast food burger and shake.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.....

OH NO!!! How big was it? .... We have em here. Garter Snakes; they are ok.
Copperheads...NO NO NO!

Lol, Jimmy. The last time that I had a snake in a potted plant on my patio, I was trying to communicate to one of the lawn guys who doesn't speak English very well. I held up my arm and did the slithering motion, and then I put two fingers to my mouth, wiggled them, and made the Ssssssss sound :mrgreen:. He was laughing, but he knew what I was trying to tell him.

It was about three feet long, black, and faster than hell. I've never seen a snake move that fast.

Ditto.

I might have just left the plants to die.

Lee

Lol - I thought about it.

Or carry a big stick. Big snake in Texas could be a rattler or a black snake which is good for a garden.

The black berries are on and later I'll go out and pick enough for two pies - one for the weekend and one batch will go in the freezer in case I do get to Canada to fish the fall chum run. I always take a pie to my fishing bud. After berry picking there will be a stop for a fast food burger and shake.

I don't have a clue what kind. Snakes like black berry patches :whistling:.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Dang, got a surprise in the mail yesterday...jury duty summons. They just love my number. I wish they'd lose it.

Johnny West

I get a hernia repair today. I'll be glad when this crap is over.

Yesterday I mowed the yard and shouldn't have to do that for a few more weeks.

You all have a good day!

Embryodad

I get a hernia repair today. I'll be glad when this crap is over.

Yesterday I mowed the yard and shouldn't have to do that for a few more weeks.

You all have a good day!
Rest up JW.... I feel for you! Had the right side ( Inguinal Hernia ) done 3 tears ago. The left done 15 years ago.
It seemed like forever to heal with me. Didn't have the electric recliner then.
I think I irritated it pulling that handle to get the recliner back up so I could get out.

Feel better, and don't lift over 10 lbs.

Johnny West

I had the left one done in about 1995. It seememd like it would never feel good then one day it was fine. I'm hoping this one is better but feels different - more numbness than the pain I had before. I'm still not 100% from having the knee done and wear down by mid afternoon. I feel like I'll have to start over. I dunno? Wait and see.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Geez, John, you've had to go through a lot lately!

Good luck, rest well, and feel better!

Lee

Johnny West

Thanks Lee & EOD. It was a long day, the two cases ahead of me went long, then by the time I got in it was second shift. My hernia was a big one, I was told later, and went longer than expected. My BP went way low and O2 was 92 without O. I almost had to stay the night. Since I use a CPAP the nurse anesthetist let me go. I had a good night's sleep but turning and getting out of bed is horrid. That's my report and thank you all for your concern.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Take care and get well, JW!

I've got a delivery coming today that has to be signed for, and they gave me a 14 hour window :sad:.

This is horrible, but I'm going to say it anyway :mrgreen:. I've been sitting here thinking about how I can get out of jury duty.

From what I've read about how your dress and attitude affect the way the prosecution/defense teams view potential jurors during voir dire, they like to see loose flowing hair and comfortable low-heeled shoes. That's supposed to indicate to them that you're open-minded and nurturing :rolleyes:.

If you have a very "fixed" hairdo sprayed down with hairspray, they view you as uptight. Same thing goes for stiletto heels, uptight. They don't want jurors who seem to be pissed at the world for having to be present. They like the jurors who donate their pay to charity, which indicates civic-mindedness to them.

I'm thinking about going in with a Flo hairdo (think Mel's Diner), a "kiss my grits" attitude, staring daggers at the defendant when the charges are read, and snatching up my measly jury duty pay when it's offered. I would wear stilettos but I'd probably break my neck, and I don't have any anyway.

All of that is just tongue-in-cheek :mrgreen:. I'll go do my duty like I do every time they pull my number and do my best to do my civic duty. I **might** pull my hair back into a sock bun. I wear it like that a lot, so what could that hurt :whistle:.

Johnny West

The last time I was summoned I was never called. One guy was sent home - he had a t shirt that said "Gun control is being able to hit your target."