Movies You Watched

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
From Paris With Love.

I knew nothing about the movie (never even saw a preview for it), and a buddy gave me a copy. John Travolta is the star, and he does a really good job. Interesting look for him. A decent movie and worth a watch.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I rented it about a week ago and watched it twice myself. It was pretty good. I also caught a really weird movie on one of the Starz channels called District 9 which was a SciFi done like a documentary. Really a strange movie but the aliens where done well as was other special effects.

mhend

I rented it about a week ago and watched it twice myself. It was pretty good. I also caught a really weird movie on one of the Starz channels called District 9 which was a SciFi done like a documentary. Really a strange movie but the aliens where done well as was other special effects.

I've got District 9 recorded, haven't watched it yet. Looks interesting.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
It is a really strange movie in the way they shot it. It is done in South Africa as well. Even the guns used in the movie are South African versions as used their buy the military.

If others are like me, curious about the guns used in a movie here is a site that lists the movies, actor etc including TV shows. It also points out little things most won't notices such as an actor pulling one gun then instantly shooting a different gun often a different make of gun.

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Main_Page

AllenOK

We've got District 9 on DVD. It is kind of weird. I like how they merged the SFX into the handheld-camera shots. If you get the DVD, watch some of the extra stuff. It explains a little more about the movie, and the aliens.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
District 9 was definitely a weird one. It started rather slow, but around mid-way through the movie, it picks up and manages to maintain your attention.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I actually think the aliens looked really convincing unlike other movies I've seen.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
To Kill A Mockingbird
1962 release, w/ Gregory Peck.
B&W
A good movie for sure, but seeing it with today's eyes surprised me. The character Boo would have been more likely to be a suspected child molester than to be welcomed in by all even after saving the boy. GP's performance was outstanding, as were the performance of his kids.
I now want to look up who the kids were and see what ever happened to them. I'm guessing they would be around 60 now.
I saw it on TMC. They show some true classic movies.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
To Kill A Mockingbird
1962 release, w/ Gregory Peck.
B&W

My favorite book and my favorite movie, from the time I read/watched in junior high.

I'd like to see it again with my older eyes!

Lee

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Knowing

I like Nicolas Cage and I liked this flick although a lot of critics disagree with me on both counts. One thing for sure though. The DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound on this Blu-Ray was as good as I've heard anywhere. The dynamic range was so insane that I was scrambling to reduce the sound during the action scenes and increase at other times so I could hear the dialog. Living in an apartment has its drawbacks and if my neighbors didn't like their walls flexing I might be hearing from the landlord soon. LOL

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I caught a pretty good movie yesterday on one of the Starz channels, Law Abiding Citizen. Really a suspense action movie with a really different plot.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The Secret Life of Bees

Definitely a chick-flick. LOVED it!

Lee

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
The Returner.

It is one seriously awesome Japanese action flick. If you like sci-fi and action and don't mind reading subtitles, you ought to treat yourself to this one!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I LOVED "Notting Hill", Buzz!

And mhend, I've been wanting to see "2012", but guess I'll have to settle for small screen, now. Did the movie make you think that we all have 2 years to live?

I just watched "The Talented Mr. Ripley", and thought it was excellent, except for the ending. I like things wrapped up neatly. :)

Lee

mhend

Qsis, all I know is if it all ends that way, we won't have long to think about it. :) Tonight, I watched Moonlight Mile with Jake Gylenhall, Dustin Hoffman and Susan Sarandon. It's a great, low budget drama, very touching. I spent half the night with tears in my eyes. :)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Just watched Shutter Island with DiCaprio and Edge of Darkness with Mel Gibson.

Both were ok. Shutter Island was hyped up a bit, so I expected more. I was kind of hoping for supernatural stuff to be going on. Turned out to be a bit more tame and, honestly, tired. I think Jacob's Ladder and Fight Club both did a better job with the premise and twist that Shutter Island was using.

Edge of Darkness was ok. Just felt like they were trying too hard with that. It was a bit incoherent at times, and the ending blows. I wouldn't buy or burn either of these, but both are worth a watch.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I watched Leap Year. I'm a sucker for Ireland and Irish accents make me weak in the knees. This is definitely a chick flick, but I enjoyed it immensely.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Amy Adams. That cute, little red head. She was wonderful in this and the scenery was fantastic and the Irish guy who played the lead was positively yummy.

mhend

Oh yea! I remember that one. I want to see that too. Have to be a night when everybody's gone. DH doesn't do chick flicks. Think I have said that before. LOL

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Blu-Ray matinée today: Good Luck Chuck.

I wanted a few laughs today and this one did it for me.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm watching "Runaway Bride".

God, I SO love Richard Gere!

Lee