Anybody watch Dexter?

FooD

the filming signs are always a p.i.t.a., aren't they food? we tend to get a lot of cop shows here on the upper west side of midtown, aka hell's kitchen.

you're lucky that they give you a heads up, at least
the nyc police post a no parking/movie production sign the day before the trailers show up, and you're sheet out of luck for parking until they leave.

Yeah, they always give advance notice and a production guy with a clipboard will visit all the residents and businesses that might be directly affected by street closures, parking, noise, or whatever to address potential problems one might encounter. If not a problem, you sign a waiver, but if you raise an issue with them they're cut you a nice check. :D

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I also watch Dexter but I have Showtime and don't have to wait for the DVD's. I also get showtime on demand so I can watch old episodes (I sometimes like to watch them before the new season starts). I also am hooked on True Blood and I loved the Tudors. Can't wait for the Borgia's next year!! I don't want to ruin it for anyone but you are gonna flip when you see last seasons finale (John Lithgow was really GOOD as a killer!! A long way from Footloose!! LOL)

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Ooooh - I am going to watch the final 2 episodes of Season 4 tonight, Peeps. I watched episode 10 last night and I can tell it's gonna be BIG!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I watched season 1 episodes 3 and 4 last night. Dexter is addictive. :shock:
You see? I don't know what it is about that show but it's definitely addictive. My girlfriend and I spent 2 whole days watching Seasons 1 and 2. I see a Dexter marathon in your future, too, Buzz.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'm gonna have to check it out too. I haven't seen snapped either but I'm gonna have to check that out as well.

I see you can download Graboid and watch Dexter for free. Does anyone have any experience with Graboid?

mhend

I don't know Graboid. I do Netflix, but I will have to see if I can get it streaming or if I have to get the DVD's.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I think Graboid charges a monthly fee, based on some of what I read when I googled it. Apparently, you can make a small amount of money by referring people to Graboid, too, so it looks pretty easy to have it be essentially free. I've never used it before, though.

Seasons 1 and 2 are on Netflix Watch Instantly and Season 3 is available on Netflix by mail. I bought Season 4 from Amazon Video on Demand. I think it was around $19. You can watch it on the Amazon site or you can download the episodes, which I did so I could watch it at my mom's house after the internet was shut off. (Be warned - it took forever to download all 12 episodes, but the quality is excellent.)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I don't want to pay for Netflix. I don't watch movies that often and when I do, I get coupon codes for Redbox and watch movies for free. I have a Redbox less than a mile away.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I love Redbox! The only reason I have Netflix is my family watches loads of movies on the watch instantly thing. Way more than 10 a month so it makes it a better deal for us. But Redbox is so cool because you can check online to see if the movie you want to see is in and you can reserve it before you go there. Sometimes you have to wait a long time with Netflix to get a popular new movie.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Oh yeah - I get the free movie code texted to me every week and then they send me additional ones throughout the month. It's wonderful!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Your page about Redbox is awesome, Mama. I didn't know about the code sharing sites. Thanks for this.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I'm halfway through Season 3 now. What a trip!! Loving it.

As for Netflix, if it were DVD only, I probably would have dropped it a while back, but since I have Roku for Instant Watch on my TV, it is so worth the monthly fee. Roku is probably the best little electronic device I've ever bought. It has literally opened up a whole new world of entertainment.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I gotta say - I'm a huge Roku fan now, too. Hell, I even like the remote.

ROTFLMAO!!! I love your new sig, Keltin!!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I gotta say - I'm a huge Roku fan now, too. Hell, I even like the remote.

ROTFLMAO!!! I love your new sig, Keltin!!!

You have Roku?!?!? Woo-hoo! Welcome to the club. Awesome isn't it? I love the new Netflix menus. And it IS a cool remote huh? :biggrin:

Have you tried Pandora yet? DW wears that channel out!

I just saw that episode the other night, and when Dexter said that, I laughed out loud and KNEW it was my new sig for a while! :lol:

mhend

I'm thinking about Roku - we have a Wii that stream the videos from Netflix, so I'm not sure which to go with.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I got the Roku for my mom and I was delighted to see that the remote is well-designed, not too many keys, and the menus are easy to navigate. As I get older, I appreciate simple, elegant menus and remotes with big buttons! LOL

I haven't tried Pandora yet. Hmmmm...... Be right back.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
OK I am behind the times. What is Roku? I am a little afraid to ask whats Pandora? LOL

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
OK I am behind the times. What is Roku? I am a little afraid to ask whats Pandora? LOL

Roku is an STB - Set Top box that connects to the internet and streams Netflix and other "channels" of entertainment.

http://www.roku.com/

Pandora is a music channel. A virtual radio station. You pick an artist such as Bon Jovi, then Pandora plays a Bon Jovi song followed by other similar artists. So your Bon Jovi channel would play stuff like Bon Jovi, Skid Row, White Lion, etc.

Your Hank Williams channel would play similar Country music. Your Dave Matthews channel would play similar music, etc.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Roku is an STB - Set Top box that connects to the internet and streams Netflix and other "channels" of entertainment.

http://www.roku.com/

Pandora is a music channel. A virtual radio station. You pick an artist such as Bon Jovi, then Pandora plays a Bon Jovi song followed by other similar artists. So your Bon Jovi channel would play stuff like Bon Jovi, Skid Row, White Lion, etc.

Your Hank Williams channel would play similar Country music. Your Dave Matthews channel would play similar music, etc.
Thank you for the 411!!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I just brought the Roku home and oldest son now has it in his room. LOL I may have to do some re-arranging. I usually watch instant Netflix through the Wii or the XBox (or on my computer if it's really steamy stuff.)

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I'm thinking about Roku - we have a Wii that stream the videos from Netflix, so I'm not sure which to go with.

Here's the Roku Lineup: http://www.roku.com/roku-channel-store

If you're interested in a Roku HD PM me for a helluva deal. My unit up here in Wisconsin was purchased during the spring of 2009 and works perfectly. I've defected as I am now a 3D TVer and the Panasonic 3D Blu-Ray player I bought supports my four Internet "must haves":
Netflix
Pandora
YouTube
Bloomberg

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I just brought the Roku home and oldest son now has it in his room. LOL I may have to do some re-arranging. I usually watch instant Netflix through the Wii or the XBox (or on my computer if it's really steamy stuff.)

So you're viewing Gladiator repeats on your laptop? :yum:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OMG! You know me too well, Buzz. Some of the scenes in Spartacus: Blood and Sand are a little too much for a 7 year old. (OK - most of the scenes.) So I watch it in my room on my laptop. (Sometimes it makes me feel like a perv.)