Pictures from the Knifeforum ECG

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Here you go guys this is about 10% of the pictures taken and I'm sure there will be many more posted on this site before it is done uploading.

http://picasaweb.google.com/unconundrum/ECG2009#

This is the 3rd year for this and has been hosted by Warren, his wife Jan, as well as his son Josh (the gun lawyer). This was started by members me included 3 years ago for those that can make it. We had people come from Canada, California, North Carolina, Nebraska, Kentucky (me and my wife), Florida, NY, NJ and a few I might have missed. It is truly and international group. Perhaps next year you guys will choose to join us as several of you were invited. It was a fun time as always.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
And there you are in #14 34 35 36 75 81 and 85.

Nice displays by The Boardsmith and Hand American products and stones by Dave Martell.

Did Dave tell you I just ordered a Chosera 10k? I'm a sucker for high polish. :yum:

It looks like you all had a terrific time. Maybe next time I'll be able to attend.

Kudos, Joe, and karma.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
You better if for nothing else the Friday night dinner and Warren's feed. I might not eat for a week and brought home a hell of a care package, loaf of bread, donuts (I ate 24 by myself, and still brought home a good dozen). Even the mango chutney was excellent as well as the pizza and deserts. It was a lot of fun Buzz and if you see a gray haired man with a belly and patch that would be me. Oh and the gray haired lady is Dawn my other half.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
You better if for nothing else the Friday night dinner and Warren's feed. I might not eat for a week and brought home a hell of a care package, loaf of bread, donuts (I ate 24 by myself, and still brought home a good dozen). Even the mango chutney was excellent as well as the pizza and deserts. It was a lot of fun Buzz and if you see a gray haired man with a belly and patch that would be me. Oh and the gray haired lady is Dawn my other half.

Well, Joe, if it works out I hope to be meeting the both of you on May 22nd or 23rd. :thumb:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Definitely looking forward to it Buzz you are always welcome as are any members of this group or KF. :mrgreen:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Buy, sell, sharpen ( with a pro Dave), and eat. It is really a great time sushi. Perhaps next year you will come too. It really is everything from cooking, knives (this year including swords) as well as many other things. It is really a gathering as like I said earlier there are people from many countries as well as locations around the US and Canada. Warren and Jan are great hosts to be sure. I hope to make as many as I can since I have I have been since the first to now the third ever such gathering. Needless to say each year has added more as well as Pro. The owner of Hand America showed up, David Smith (the boardsmith), David Martel (Japanese Knife Sharpening) as well as those from telescope salesman to collage professors. A great group period.

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
Well, you see several pictures of Butch Harner's knives. He's a knifemaker and had several for sale. BTW, he's really doing a GREAT job with kitchen knives and you won't go wrong picking up one or two of his knives. There wasn't as much trading going on this year (that I know of) but there has been in the past. Also, Dave (butcherblock) brings a lot of his custom cutting boards along. Sharpen... chew the fat... all of the above.

I've invited a nationally known knifemaker to next years ECG ... Stay tuned :)

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
Oh, we both forgot to mention, several chefs attend too. Plenty of time to talk food as well as knives :)