homecook

2 - 1lb. pork loins
2 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. sage
3/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 T. barbecue sauce

Combine spices. Rub pork loins in olive oil. Roll roasts in spice mixture. Grill 15 minutes, turning occasionally until temperature reaches 145 degrees. Brush with barbecue sauce, remove from grill. Let rest 5 minutes. Slice and enjoy!

This can also be made under the broiler if you're not a "nut job" that grills in the winter like we do.

Barb

chowhound

nut job, nut job, nut job :lol:

What is the oil for? I usually just dry rub when I'm grilling because I'm afraid of too many flare-ups. I'll be doing some country style ribs today. Maybe I'll use some oil....

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We love country ribs. I even cut them up and use them in my Italian Wedding soup sometimes. Lots of flavor.

We are also nut jobs. The grill is right in front of the sliding door all winter.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Those little one-pounders sound like pork tenderloins, homecook. They are fantastic!

Lee

homecook

Those little one-pounders sound like pork tenderloins, homecook. They are fantastic!

Lee

You're right Lee, my bad! I really did mean to say tenderloins. lol
Chowhound, I don't know why the oil...someone gave me the recipe and that's how they did it, so I just followed suit. I'm sure you could do without the oil.

Barb

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Another confessed nut job!!! Sounds good, but I have to keep pork at a minimum in my family.

chowhound

You're right Lee, my bad! I really did mean to say tenderloins. lol
Chowhound, I don't know why the oil...someone gave me the recipe and that's how they did it, so I just followed suit. I'm sure you could do without the oil.

Barb

Thanks. I see them use oil on TV once in a while then put on the rub and I never caught why. I'll have to give it a try one of these days, but tonight I went dry rub.

Locutus

:mrgreen::mrgreen: The neighbors often give me funny looks when I'm out grilling with my parka on and the hood up! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

homecook

:mrgreen::mrgreen: The neighbors often give me funny looks when I'm out grilling with my parka on and the hood up! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I don't need to give my neighbors any more ammo against me. My grill is on my back patio surrounded by forsythia bushes so no one can see. :yum: